Many people dread going on a diet because they assume it’s either about starving the whole day or reducing food intake drastically. The thought about surviving on just a plate of salad and staying away from food is unthinkable for people who confess that they have a large appetite! If your ravenous appetite is standing between you and your ideal body weight, you should definitely read about these 10 appetite suppressant hacks to control overeating, and lose weight successfully.
1. Stop Eating Low-Fiber Food: We will start with what you actually should not do – if you feel famished and hungry all through the day, it’s a warning sign that you are eating too much sugar and processed food that lacks fiber. Apart from keeping the digestion process running smoothly, fiber also keeps appetite in check by keeping you fuller for longer. A high-fiber food slows down your stomach emptying process and help in releasing hormones that make you feel full. Food items that are high in water, fiber, and protein all benefit your body by keeping you full for long period of time. Additionally, fiber has no calories at all, and should not be ignored when trying to lose weight.
2. Fall in Love with Eggs: Protein and healthy fats make losing weight easier – they work in multiple ways to boost fat burning, and curbing appetite for long hours is just one of them. Healthy fats and protein found abundantly in eggs, keep you full for longer, burns more calories, and increases metabolism as well. Having eggs for breakfast instead of packaged cereals can curb appetite by a great deal.
3. It’s not advisable to pop in pills, whether it’s an appetite suppressor or a weight loss pill, and that’s why we are here to help you with a list of “Top 45 Foods to Suppress Appetite and Reduce Hunger.”
4. Water Preloading: We all know that “water” motors up and boosts weight loss efforts a great deal. And everyone says you should be having at least 8 glasses of water in a day. But do you know with a technique called “water preloading,” can curb appetite and help slash calorie consumption. Here’s how you do it – Water preloading is a healthy and almost effortless way to aid weight loss. In this strategy, experts recommend to consume 500 ml of plain water half an hour before each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Such a quantity of water before the meal will significantly stretch your tummy and as a result, there would be lesser release of the hunger hormone “ghrelin.” This means you would feel full with less food and fewer calorie intake. It is an effective strategy to tackle overeating.
5. Say Yes to Coffee: Caffeine can increase metabolic rate and help your body burn more calories. It also acts as an appetite suppressant which means you would feel less hunger pangs through the day. It is also a thermogenic compound which helps calories that you ingest to get burned out as heat and therefore less amount of calories are left behind to be stored as fat.
6. Sniff on Peppermint Essential Oil: Research says that sniffing on peppermint scent can stamp out frequent hunger pangs! Try it for yourself and tell us if it works for you as well!
7. Nibbling on Dark Chocolate Does Help: Here’s one more reason to love dark chocolate – it fights stress, decreases appetite, and lowers the level of ghrelin hormone. So, the next time you are out for grocery shopping, make sure to include dark chocolate in the cart.
8. Add More Spice to your Food: Capsaicin, which is a compound found in chilli pepper, jalapenos, etc., suppresses appetite and also signals the gut that the tummy is full. Additionally, capsaicin improves insulin resistance, making losing weight much easier.
9. Add a Bit of Cinnamon to Smoothies and Oats: Just a generous sprinkle of cinnamon in smoothies, regular oats, and even coffee can boost metabolism, regulate blood sugar, and also acts as a n appetite suppressant.
10. Most importantly, having a good night’s sleep is essential to keep appetite in check and to keep hunger ghrelin hormone from rising too high. Sleeping for 7 hours or more will ensure that you don’t wake up with a ravenous appetite the next day!
The best way to lose weight is by following the right kind of diet, for example, Rati Beauty diet, which encourages people to follow a healthy diet routine that helps one to lose weight without compromising on nutrition.