So you and your better half have decided to get healthy and lose some extra pounds that have piled over the last few years. It’s a great idea to have someone close to you start along with you on the weight loss journey, to keep you motivated and encourage you to work harder. Well, two is definitely better than one when it comes to shedding extra pounds because there are multiple benefits of trying to lose weight together – you can cook healthier meals, workout together, and also push each other to keep going, influencing one another to stay on track. Having a partner, especially if it’s your husband/wife or bf/gf on the same journey makes sure there’s enough support system at home to make achieving goals easier. A word of caution here though – men tend to lose weight faster than women because they have more lean muscle and testosterone levels, and also higher metabolism; however, men and women can still lose the same amount of weight by following the same diet and workout routine. So, here are some of the best ways to lose weight as a couple that you need to check out.
1. Start on a Good Weight Loss Diet Together: Since weight loss is all about 80% diet and 20% exercise, pick your weight loss diet prudently, and settle for nothing but the best. The Rati Beauty diet is for everyone and there have been success stories of couples who managed to lose weight successfully on this diet. These diet plans are for all age groups and genders. Do check out the diet by downloading the Rati Beauty app on your phone.
2. Go on morning/evening walks together: No matter how busy your schedule is, take at least 30 minutes to go on walks. It would be a great time to bond, talk and clear differences if there are any.
3. Exercise Together: Exercising becomes easy when you have company, and working out as a couple improves relationship, and it acts as a great stress buster too. Create a workout plan where both of you are exercising for at least 40 minutes fives times a way. If you are not a gym person, then it would be a good idea to join dancing classes together or even go trekking. Activities such as these are a great way to keep extra inches off your tummy.
4. Keep Apart Cheat Meals on Date Nights: Who says you cannot have your guilty food while on a diet? However, reserve those treats as cheat meal and reserve those cheat meals for date nights. We all know the Rati Beauty diet encourages one to have cheat meal once a week, and as a couple, you can reserve cheat meals for your date nights.
5. Get 7 Hours of Sleep Every Night: Even if both you are watching what you eat, and exercising every single day, it will be difficult to lose weight because with sleep deprivation comes a slow metabolism, increase in hunger hormone “ghrelin” and shooting up of stress hormone “cortisol,” – all of which tend to increase weight, particularly belly fat. Sleep deprivation is directly linked to weight gain and that’s why at leats 7 hours of sleep every night can do wonders for weight loss.
6. Encourage Each Other to Drink More Water: If there’s one golden rule you should absolutely follow if you are trying to lose weight – it’s “drink at least 8 glasses of water each day!” Plain water affects fat loss in more ways than one – it helps to flush out toxins, has absolutely no calories, boosts metabolism, and keeps hunger pangs in check, so refill each other’s water bottle every hour.
7. Shop for Grocery Together: Since both of you are on a diet, it would be a great idea to shop for groceries together. While doing so, avoid processed food, junk food, and unhealthy snacks. To help you out, here’s a “List of 99 Grocery Items” that help boost weight loss.
8. Motivate Each Other: Be each other’s cheerleader without being critical, and encourage each other to work harder. One of you may be a fitness fanatic while the other person may find even brisk walking a huge task. Try to strike a balance and work out a system that works for both of you.
9. Have an Early Dinner: One trick to avoid weight gain is to eat an early dinner because our metabolism slumps down towards the evening and having a late dinner can encourage the body to store extra calories as fat instead of getting a chance to burn them out. Both of you can create a routine where you guys are having an early dinner and going to be bed early as well.
10. Meal Prep Together: Meal prepping promotes the habit of healthy eating and saves a lot of time during hectic weekdays where there is little time to cook homemade food. Preparing batches of healthy food and storing them up in the fridge, that would last for most days in the week will save a lot of money, time, and helps you trim off extra calories that make their way through ordered foods from restaurants and eateries. As a couple, list out your favorite dishes, and meal prep together healthy meals.
Hope these tips would help you burn extra fat and get healthy as a couple.