We all know belly fat is extremely hard to shed and is therefore called stubborn fat. Belly fat can be of two types – subcutaneous fat (layer beneath the skin) and visceral fat (around the muscles and around abdominal organs). Of these two, visceral fat is considered dangerous because it is linked to high risk of type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and other life-threatening disorders. As we have mentioned above, even with strict dieting and intense exercise routines, belly bulge may refuse to budge, but certain foods work better than others in helping burn tummy fat. In this post, we list down 10 common foods can do the trick.
1. Dark Chocolate: People who want to lose weight are often asked to stay away from chocolates because they are high in calories and sugar, and it’s hard to keep your hands off chocolate, but we are here to tell you that you can lose weight by including chocolate in your diet – yes, dark chocolate! Various studies have found out that dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa can actually help shed pounds in multiple ways – by boosting metabolism, fighting free radicals, controlling cravings, lowering inflammation, and above all, fights stress by stimulating the production of endorphins. Though not exactly low on calories, one ounce of dark chocolate with 60 percent or more of cacao has about 170 calories, it has many health benefits, including that on weight loss. So, the next time, you nibble into a bar of dark chocolate, do so without any guilt. Also read: “12 Ways Dark Chocolate can Help you Lose Weight.”
2. Apple: High in fiber, flavonoids, and pectin, an apple a day definitely helps in keeping belly fat away.
3. Avocados: This fruit is rich in healthy fats that promotes satiety, controls cravings, and helps burn overall fat. In fact, a few studies have shown that people who ate avocado regularly saw a significant reduction in belly fat.
4. Bananas: Banana is available in all the seasons and is a weight-loss friendly food because of the presence of fiber, mineral, and potassium, but many believe that bananas can increase weight gain, but the truth is opposite. Banana keeps you full for long and help you resist food cravings. Moreover, it boosts the metabolic rate, thereby helping in melting away belly fat. Also, the potassium in banana helps to limit the amount of belly swelling sodium in your body.
5. Yogurt: Yogurt encourages the growth of good bacteria in your gut that aids in digestion. Also, carbs and protein in yogurt help stabilize insulin, a hormone that is responsible to store calories as fat when its levels get too high, also targeting belly fat. So, include yogurt in your diet by adding it to your smoothies, salad dressing, etc.
6. Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants and also known to help burn fat. Also, berries are rich in fiber and water which can help you feel fuller for longer. Blueberries regulate fat-burning and fat storage, thereby helping to reduce abdominal fat. Strawberries have fewer calories, loads of fiber that keeps you satiated for a long duration.
7. Cucumber: With its 95% content of water and fiber, cucumber can help in releasing toxins from the body and boosting metabolism. It is an extremely refreshing and low-calorie food as one full cucumber contains just 45 calories, and is used in detox drinks to target belly fat by experts.
8. Green Tea: Green tea is the most recommended beverages for weight loss. Green tea is packed with powerful antioxidants that boost metabolism which in turn increases weight loss and decreases belly fat. So, consume two to three cups of green tea every day to have a flat belly.
9. Almonds: Eating 3-5 almonds every day helps you in greater weight loss and higher fat metabolism as this tiny food is not only rich in skin-boosting vitamin E and protein, but the fiber in it will keep you satiated for longer duration and also keeps your digestive health in check.
10. Eggs: High in protein and healthy fats, they boost metabolism, helps build muscle, and target belly fat effectively.
Eating the right kind of food will help the body burn stored fat, and to lose belly fat and overall weight successfully, check out the diet plans on the Rati Beauty diet.