We often undermine the power of beauty secrets that has been passed down generations and instead look for expensive creams, potions, and serums to tackle our beauty woes. The best thing about following grandma’s beauty tips is that they are all effective and most of them inexpensive, and safer than safer than commercial products. So, here are 10 Grandma Beauty Tips That Work Like Magic.
1. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize: No matter what your skin type, no matter what the season, always make it a point to moisturize your skin. Keeping skin well moisturized not only prevents dryness, it also helps to keep skin supple and minimize the appearance of fine lines. Lack of moisturization is one of the major reasons for excessive sebum production. So, never skip a moisturizer.
2. To Control Acne: Make a paste of turmeric, honey, and a few drops of lemon juice and apply it directly to the acne. Also, when you have acne don’t use any cream or other products, just use rose water all over your face. This way your skin will be gradually free from breakouts and other issues.
3. Grandma’s Herbal Recipe For Acne-Free Skin: Shh, here’s the secret homemade recipe to clear acne and improve complexion.
4. Eat Lots of Veggies and Fruits For Beautiful Skin: You would get loads of nutrients by increasing the portions of vegetables and fruits in your diet. Green leafy vegetables are full of antioxidants that fight off free radicals and prevent damage to skin cells. Your grandma probably didn’t know about antioxidants, but she never doubted the amazing effect of beetroots and pomegranate on skin.
5. Natural Remedy for Dark Circles: Potatoes will lighten dark circles under your eyes and remove the puffiness too. Just slice some raw potato, give it a wash and place the slices under your eyes for 5-10 minutes and see the difference that it makes.
6. For Fuller Lips: Cinnamon is a natural plumper. Mix a pinch of it with Vaseline. Keep it for 15 m minutes then rinse. Use this twice regularly for 15 days.
7. To Clarify Skin: Make a thick paste of multani mitti powder by mixing it with rose water or just plain water. Apply it on the face. And let it dry. Wash off and get oil-free skin.
8. Use Raw Honey For Beautiful Skin: Raw honey is pure, unpasteurized and unprocessed, hence it works wonderfully as a beauty ingredient. Unprocessed honey retains all the nutrients and enzymes within. Raw honey is best used as a facial cleanser as it gently removes impurities without stripping off the moisture. But do read these “9 Amazing Ways to Use Raw Honey for Gorgeous Skin.”
9. Apply Leftover Fruits from Breakfast on the Face: Jahnavi Kapoor shared this amazing beauty tip that her mom Sridevi passed on to her – apply leftover fruits from breakfast plate on the face to pamper skin and nourish it too. Tip: Use citrusy fruits with vitamin C to make skin bright and radiant.
10. To Make Skin Radiant: Make a face mask by mixing turmeric+besan+yogurt+honey together and soaking in a few saffron strands, leave it overnight in the refrigerator. Apply the mask in the morning, leave for 15 to 20 minutes, and rinse off with lukewarm water. Also read: How To Use Saffron Face Packs For Glowing Skin.