Are you shying away from wearing sleeveless dresses because of dark underarms? You may have noticed that many well-known deodorant brands promise lighten underarms with just a few uses, which is really baffling because regular use of deos is one of the major reasons why underarms turn dark! Instead of looking for deos, creams, and bleaches to lighten underarms, try these 10 homemade masks instead.
What Causes Dark Underarms?
- Frequent shaving.
- Regular use of deodorants and anti-perspirants.
- Frequent use of hair removal creams.
- Lack of exfoliation, dead skin cell buildup.
- Acanthosis nigricans, which is a skin condition with dark discoloration of underarm skin along with a velvety texture.
If you have darker under arms due to a medical condition, then you must consult a doctor and take precise care for it rather questing for home remedies. For other below mentioned home remedies may help.
10 Homemade Underarm Whitening Masks:
1. Mix 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoons of sea salt, 1 tablespoons of Honey, 1 tablespoon of Olive oil and 3 drops of lemon juice in a bowl to form a thick paste. Apply it over wet skin and then massage gently for 3 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
2. Potato also works as a natural bleaching agent. You can either rub underarm skin with thinly sliced potatoes, or grate the potato and apply the juice to the affected area. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash.
3. Mix 1 tablespoon pineapple juice along with 1 tablespoon honey and massage the mixture under the armpits. Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse it well with lukewarm water.
4. Combine 2 tablespoon yogurt with 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar. Apply a thick layer to the skin and allow it to set for 20 minutes. Wash thoroughly with water.
5. Daily massage your underarms using coconut oil to get rid of dark underarms. Massage underarms for 10- 20 min then wash the area properly using mild soap. You can massage daily before bath, coconut oil works as an effective natural deodorant too.
6. Add 2 tablespoon of yogurt in 1/2 teaspoon of orange peel powder and make thin paste. Apply over the wet skin and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and note amazing results.
7. Mix 2-3 tablespoon of oatmeal, add 2 teaspoon of honey, add a pinch of turmeric powder, few drops of lemon juice and raw milk, make a fine paste and use this mixture as scrub. Massage underarms using this scrub for 5 min then leave for few min then wash it using plain water. Apply this scrub every other day.
8. Mix 3 tbsp of coconut oil with 1 tbsp of baking soda, mix well, and apply in the underarms area for 5 minutes. Rinse off with normal water and do so in circular motion while doing so.
9. Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour (besan) with a pinch of turmeric and add some milk to make a thick paste. Use it as scrub in gentle circular motion, keep for 10 minutes, and rinse off.
10. Pick a white toothpaste (avoid the flavoured and colored ones) and apply a thin layer on the underarm area. Leave for 10 minutes and rinse with normal water. White toothpaste is believed to have bleaching properties and can lighten underarms with regular use.