Losing weight may seem like a daunting task that requires slogging out in the gym day in and day out and complete abstinence from your favorite food, but that’s not true. On the right kind of weight loss diet, you can eat the right kind of food and drop pounds successfully without food deprivation. Find such weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app. Apart from straightening out the diet, when you make small changes, they do add up to bigger gains. Like for instance, take the stairs, be on your feet as much possible, and find ways to boost metabolism are some obvious tips. Apart from that, doing these 10 little things daily can lead to successful weight loss.
1. Plan your Meals Ahead: Meal prepping or planning your meals promotes the habit of healthy eating and saves a lot of time during hectic weekdays where there is little time to cook homemade food. Preparing batches of healthy food and storing them up in the fridge will not only save a lot of money, it would also help cut down loads of calories that make their way through ordered foods from restaurants and eateries. Do check out the weight loss diets on Rati Beauty app for more details on how you can meal prep and shed extra weight.
2. Don’t Let your Body Confuse Thirst with Hunger Signals: It’s a fact that our body is not that efficient at differentiating between hunger and thirst signals. Most of the times, we are just thirsty, and instead of grabbing a glass of water to quench the thirst, we decide to rip open a pack of potato chips. To cut down empty calories, sip on water at regular intervals and do not stop at just 8 glasses of water to curb appetite and prevent unnecessary hunger pangs.
3. Practice NEAT Activities: NEAT stands for non-exercise activity thermogenesis and is the energy we use for everything we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, doing household chores, and getting on the feet every half an hour, all come under NEAT. All these activities help to burn some amount of calories and these bits of calories spent here and there, add up to a considerable amount when you are trying to lose weight. Read more about how you can include NEAT activities in your daily life here.
4. Fidget Those Legs While Sitting: You can burn considerable amount of calories by just fidgeting your legs. So, make use of the TV time, and fidget those legs to lose up to 300 calories in a day!
5. Pick one Healthy Fat From this List: Healthy fats are absolutely necessary in the fat-burning process when you are trying to lose weight through dieting and exercise. Fats are also needed for the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E, and K. So, make it a point to include healthy fats in your daily diet. Pick a healthy fat option from this list to aid in the fat-burning process.
6. Eat your Meals in well-lit areas: Some studies have shown that people who eat in a well-lit room with bright lighting tend to make healthy food choices and eat lesser calories than compared to people who eat in dim lighting.
7. Don’t Compromise on Sleep: Sleep deprivation and less than 7 hours of sleep has a cascading effect on weight gain. Lack of sleep lowers metabolism and encourages hormones to store fat in the body and prevent weight loss from happening. So, do not compromise on sleep and get that mandatory 7 hours of sleep every night.
8. Maintain a Food Journal: People who keep a food journal find that jotting down every meal into a notebook helps one to leave out potential fattening and unhealthy food the next time around. A food journal also helps one set a food routine and the frequency of snacking, and keep a track of calories.
9. Cook with Minimal Oil: Have a tight control over the amount of cooking oil that goes into your dishes when trying to lose weight because that’s where unnecessary calories can sneak in from. Certain oils may in fact help in the fat-burning process, such as olive oil, ghee, and coconut oil, but moderation is the key here too. Limit the use of oil as much as possible to cut down unnecessary calories. Here’s a list of 7 Low-Fat Cooking Oils for Indian Cooking that you can check out.
10. Fill Half Plate with Vegetables: Vegetables are not only rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, they are low in calories and extremely filling too. So, why not fill that plate with veggies to get ample nutrition and also feel satiated with just a few calories. Read about “9 Interesting Ways to Eat More Vegetables for Weight Loss.”