There would times in your weight loss journey when the extra pounds would just refuse to shed or budge, but before getting demotivated, we would like to check a few things that might be acting as roadblocks in your weight loss journey even if you seem to be doing everything correct and exercising like crazy. Here’s a quick lowdown on reasons you cannot lose weight right now, but then, you could reverse the situation tomorrow by making the right moves and changes.
1. You are not following the Correct Weight Loss Diet: Fad diets that are extremely restrictive and promise to melt your fat within a few days are not sustainable and you are most likely to gain it all back as soon as you come out of the diet. Also, most of the weight lost on such diets is only water weight and not any real “fat.” That’s why, diets on the Rati Beauty app are effective because they are not restrictive and do not work on the concept of food deprivation or of crash dieting – one can lose weight by eating the right kind of food and in the right quantity. Check out the diets by downloading the Rati Beauty app.
2. Stress Eating: Stress eating or emotional eating is a situation where one eats to feel good and pleasant, to cope up with trauma, to relieve stress, rather than to satisfy hunger. The food that emotional eaters choose are usually high-fat, high sugar, calorie-rich food full of transfat and ingredients that are extremely unhealthy for the human body. So, rather than indulging in high-calorie food, Eat These Things When You are Stressed Out without Falling off Diet
3. Eating Right Before Bedtime: As a thumb rule for losing weight, never have your dinner too close to bedtime because it will slow down the digestion, hamper the quality of sleep, and lead to weight gain. Wait for at least three hours before hitting the bed after your last meal.
4. You are stocking up a lot of packaged food: It becomes convenient to graze on high-calorie and packaged food when you are just bored and want to nibble on something to pass time when the pantry and kitchen is full of “ready-to-eat” items. The “out of sight, out of mind” policy would work very well when you stop stocking up junk food in the kitchen.
5. Slow Metabolism: As we have always maintained, metabolism is the engine that torches calories and a sluggish metabolism can slow down the whole fat-burning process. Boost your metabolism with these 21 Tricks.
6. Missing Essential Nutrients: Deficiency of vitamin D, magnesium, calcium, and even trace minerals like chromium can hamper the weight loss process. Make sure your diet is balanced and full of such nutrients to speed up the fat-burning process.
7. Less Number of Sleeping Hours: Binge watching has become quite a norm these days and that means we are skimping up on sleeping hours. In fact, one can gain weight by just sleeping for less than 7 hours. There’s a clear link between sleep deprivation and weight gain, and that’s why if you are compromising on sleeping hours, you cannot lose weight right now.
8. Hormonal Issues: Polycystic ovarian disease, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, all of which are caused by hormonal imbalances can trigger weight gain and stall weight loss. Unless these issues are addressed, weight loss can be an uphill task.
9. No Portion Control: Portion control is an essential aspect, not only to lose weight but also to maintain optimum health and to prevent diseases such as type 2 diabetes, stroke, and heart disease and here’s how you portion control. Read about 20 Ways to Control Hunger Hormone Ghrelin to Lose Weight.
10. No Mindful Eating: It’s a technique which makes you more conscious about the kind of food you choose to eat, the quantity you are consuming, and helps prevent overeating and weight gain. It makes you more aware of cues from the satiety hormone “leptin” on when to stop eating the moment you are full. Read about different ways to practice Mindful Eating Hacks to Eat Right and Lose Weight.