It’s a wrong notion that we need makeup to look beautiful and it’s totally possible to look glam without actually taking a lot of effort or applying layers of makeup, but essential to take good care of our skin for that. Apart from eating right, avoiding processed food, following these tips would help you in achieving flawless skin without spending a lot of money or effort. Here are some tips:
1. Cleanse Skin Gently, Avoid Harsh Cleansers: The first thing is to cleanse your skin gently, avoiding soap or other harsh cleansers on the face. Harsh cleansers can dry out the skin and rip the moisture off skin, leading to dry patches. You can even opt for a soap-free cleanser or even these besan-based packs to cleanse skin. Also, if you are picking up a cleanser, make sure it’s appropriate for your skin type.
2. Invest in Multipurpose Skincare Products: When you are in a hurry, multipurpose products can come in handy. You might skip a step in your beauty regimen with a multi-tasking product in hand. Be it a sudden lunch date or a meeting, multipurpose skin care products can make your skin look better instantly. For example, you can use a pink water-based tint to add a flush of color to your cheeks as well as pinkish hue to the lips.
3. Sip on Green Tea: It is important to flush out toxins and along with drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day, sip on a cup of two of pure green tea to get the antioxidant benefits as well. The antioxidants present in green tea fight free radicals that cause cellular damage and keep skin young.
4. Always use a Sunscreen: Whether it’s summer, winter, or rainy season – make it a point to always use a good SPF sunscreen to protect your skin against tan, hyperpigmentation and premature ageing. Also, try to pick fragrance-free sunscreens – here’s a list of 10 Best Fragrance Free Sunscreens in India.
5. Whip your Own Natural Face Masks: There’s no need to spend loads of amount on expensive day creams and serums when you can whip up amazing face packs with ingredients from the kitchen. Here are some homemade masks that you can try.
6. Follow a Good Night-Time Routine: Your skin heals at a faster rate while you are sleeping. Not cleansing your face before going to bed or never moisturising it are some habits you need to overcome. You should follow a proper night time skin care routine to treat your skin concerns at a faster rate. Stick to your night time routine for at least four weeks to notice visible results.
7. Try Katrina Kaif’s Ice Facial: This is what Katrina Kaif does when she wants to feel refreshed in the morning and to tighten facial pores. Korean women also follow this ice facial therapy and this process is called “Jamsu” in Korea. Some Korean women even dip their face in water after doing complete makeup so that their makeup stays on for longer and throughout the day. If you do this procedure right before applying any makeup, you will notice how smoothly your makeup would glide and stay through the day. Here’s a step-by-step routine to do Ice Facial at home.
8. Try Oil Cleansing for Clear Skin: Before you hit the bed, make it a point to take every bit of makeup and sleep with a thoroughly clean skin, and guess what oil cleansing method is just the best way to do it. Using an oil as a cleanser would help remove dirt and grime from within the pores and most importantly nourish and hydrate the skin as well. Here’s a complete routine on how to do “Oil Cleansing” all by yourself.
9. Eat Right: Nothing can work as wonderfully as eating the right kind of food – for the skin as well as body. You can not only lose weight by being on a good diet but get glowing and radiant skin as well. Check out all the diet plans on the Rati Beauty app for more details.
10. Sip on Water Throughout the Day: No one can undermine the benefits of water – it is a zero-calorie drink that boosts metabolism and nourishes the skin from within. In fact, don’t just stop at 8 glasses of water, drink way more than that.