It seems each one of us is suffering from one hair issue or the other – hair fall, frizziness, split ends, dandruff – the list is endless! Pollution, stress, use of wrong haircare products, regular use of heatstyling, hormonal imbalance – anything and everything can trigger hair woes! But more than anything, hair fall is a major concern and lack of nutrients can aggravate the issue. We talk only about “protein” as the best form of nutrition for hair, but it requires trace minerals as well to grow out long, strong, and healthy. It’s a fact that what you eat not only shows on your skin, it also shows on your hair as well. For that, you need to eat a proper and healthy diet. When it comes to a healthy diet, fruits form an indispensable part and certain fruits have more hair-friendly nutrients than the rest. The bonus is that with these fruits, your skin will glow and overall health will improve as well. So, let’s go through the list of 11 Fruits For Healthy Hair That Also Boost Hair Growth right now.
1. Bananas: Banana is a powerhouse of nutrition with antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamin C, potassium, vitamin B6, etc. It also contain silica, a trace mineral that helps with collagen synthesis, making hair stronger. When applied topically, bananas can also soften dry hair and nourish the scalp.
2. Gooseberries: The high vitamin C content in amla can trigger collagen production. Regular consumption of amla prevents premature greying of hair. Also, the anti-microbial properties take care of dandruff and scalp infections. Just eating one amla per day can make hair healthy and strong.
3. Apples: An apple a day not only keeps the doctor away, it also keeps all hair woes away. Apples are also packed with antioxidants that neutralize free radicals and help with cell renewal. There’s also a compound, found in all varieties of apples, called “procyanidin B-2,” that promotes hair growth.
4. Blueberries: You know what eating blueberries can do? It can help boost weight loss and also help prevent premature greying of hair with its high vitamin B12 content. The compound “proanthocyanidins” in blueberries boost hair growth. Blueberries also have hair-friendly vitamins like A, B, and vitamin C in abundance.
5. Guava: Not only the fruit, it’s leaves also have vitamins such as B and C that boost production of collagen and solve scalp issues.
6. Kiwi: Rich beta carotene and vitamin C, this fleshy fruit has antioxidants too which fights free radicals that damage hair follicles. It also has trace minerals like zinc which is absolutely must for healthy hair and to prevent hair loss. Eating kiwis regularly can also strengthen hair roots.
7. Oranges: Rich in vitamin C, this fruit boosts collagen which strengthens hair. It also improves blood circulation.
8. Papaya: With its vitamin C content, it boosts collagen production. Also, the vitamin A content promotes sebum production in the scalp which strengthens hair follicles and keeps it conditioned.
9. Strawberries: We forgot to mention one benefit of vitamin C – it helps with absorption of iron and that’s why essential to prevent hair fall and to boost hair growth. Do feed on loads of strawberries to get hair-friendly minerals like silica and folic acid which prevent hair fall.
10. Avocado: It contains biotin and fatty acids, has minerals like potassium and magnesium, all of which combined combat a whole lot of haircare issues like hair breakage, makes it smooth and strong.
11. Pomegranate: The abundant antioxidants in pomegranate fights free radicals and prevent hair damage, promotes blood circulation as well. Research has indicated that the punicic acid content in pomegranate stimulates hair growth and strengthens follicles – so you can say bye bye to hair fall.
12. Dates: Rich in iron (20 Iron-Rich Foods For Faster Hair Growth), it boosts blood circulation to the scalp. Strengthens hair follicles with vitamin B5 content. It also has trace minerals like folate, zinc. Stops hair fall.
So, do you consume these fruits in your diet? Here’s an amazing news – you can lose weight by including these fruits in your daily diet and get glowing skin and healthy hair as well. Download the Rati Beauty diet for more details.