We spend insane amount of time taking care of our face and hair, but ignore taking care of our hands and feet. As a result, hands and fingers can turn dry, rough, and develop tan. Most often, the reason behind these skincare woes is not moisturizing hands enough and not applying sunscreen while stepping out. In this post, we list out some homemade remedies for tanned hands, to make them soft and smooth back again.
1. Curd and Lemon Scrub: Mix curd and lemon and rub it over your fingers. Keep massaging until all the curd is absorbed into the skin. Take little mixture each time and keep massaging. Leave it for about 15 minutes and rinse.
2. Tomato and Gram Flour Scrub: Both these ingredients work well to remove tan and lighten skin tone. Squeeze out the pulp from a medium-sized tomato and add 1 tbsp of besan (gram flour). Mix well and apply all over hands. After 15 minutes, wipe off using a soft washcloth.
3. Malai and Lemon: Mix a few drops of lemon in malai. Massage it onto your hands until the moisture sinks into your skin. Leave it overnight and you’ll have soft and smooth hands next morning. Keep doing this for about two weeks and you will see a big change in your dark fingers.
4. Strawberry and Coffee Scrub: Mash a strawberry in a bowl and add a little coffee to it. Use it as a scrub to get rid of the top layer of dead skin cells.
5. Banana and Orange Mask: Mix banana and orange juice and apply this fruity mixture onto your fingers. Keep it for about 20 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
6. Saffron and Sandalwood: Soak a few strands of saffron in milk for a few minutes. Then, add sandalwood powder to it. Use this paste to lighten your fingers.
7. Turmeric and Curd: Mix curd and a pinch of turmeric and massage it onto your fingers. Keep it for about 15 minutes and wash. Use this in the evening or at night or if you really want to use it in the day time, make sure you don’t expose your hands to the sun; it’s because of the turmeric in the pack.
8. Sandalwood and Cucumber Juice: Mix sandalwood and cucumber juice and make a thick paste. Sandalwood in the pack will soothe the skin and cucumber will lighten the fingers. Use this paste after scrubbing the fingers well.
9. Aloe Vera Gel and Lime: Mix a few drops of lime juice and aloe vera gel and massage it onto your hands. Leave it overnight for best results.
10. Potato Peel and Lemon Pack: Take a medium-sized potato, peel the skin off, and juice it well. Squeeze in half a lemon, mix well, and apply this mixture to the hands, keep for 20 minutes and wash off with water. Do this regularly to completely clear away tan and blemishes in a few weeks time.
11. Papaya Pulp and Rice Flour Scrub: This is a good scrub to remove pigmentation, tan, and makes skin smooth and soft as well. Mix half a cup of papaya pulp with a few tbsp of rice flour. Mix well to a medium consistency, apply all over hands, keep for 15 minutes and wipe off with a soft washcloth.
Note: All the above recipes take some time to show results. So, keep using them patiently and you will definitely see a difference.