Kickstarting your day with the right set of habits can help accelerate the process of weight loss if you are trying to get lean. Every bright morning brings with it new hopes, aspirations, and also new challenges, and to face these challenges, you need to be healthy and fit. So, in this post, we list down 11 morning habits that boost weight loss and would help shave extra pounds.
1. Get up early in the morning: You must have heard this before in school, “early to rise, early to bed – makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” Not everyone likes to get up at sunrise, but certainly getting up early can give you a lot of time to plan your day, to cook healthy food, and to work out. If you get up at 6 AM or 7 AM, and if you are supposed to leave for work at 10 AM, it gives you three hours to work on a lot of things and a little bit of time to do a little bit of workout also.
2. Drink Warm Water First Thing in the Morning: Drinking warm water instead of tea/coffee helps improve digestion, cleanse your body of toxins, and improve bowel movements. It also increases body temperature, which in turn increases the metabolic rate. And, we all know that high metabolism means you burn calories faster.
3. Get Some Sunlight: Allow lots of sunlight to come in the room during the morning. The morning sun is soothing and helps with the synthesis of vitamin D which is very much needed for the body. Research has found that vitamin D deficiency can make it difficult to lose weight. So, do bask in the glory of morning sun. Also read “How Vitamin D Helps with Weight Loss” in this post.
4. Drink Some Water and Some More: Drink as much water as possible in the morning. This acts as the fuel for your digestive system and helps to restart it every morning. Drink two glasses of plain water as soon as you get up. After that you can drink any detox drink that you prefer which will be one more glass. Do not forget to hydrate yourself through the day because our body often mixes thirst and hunger signals and most of the times we feel hunger pangs, it’s just thirst signals that the body is sending out, and it can be fixed with a few sips of water.
5. Stretch and Try To Squeeze in a Bit of Exercise: When you get up early in the morning, you can get enough time to do some stretching exercises that would help boost metabolism and improve blood circulation. You can go out for a morning walk or go to the terrace to sweat it out in the sun. You can also exercise or dance at home playing your favorite music. Aim to squeeze in some physical activity before breakfast. Exercising in a fasting state would push the body to burn more fat for energy rather than using carbs from food sources.
6. Check your Weight: It is important to measure the weight once or twice a week. It helps you to keep track of your performance and motivates you to lose more weight. Measuring in the morning is important as it helps you to get the right weight, but do not get obsessed with weighing scale; you do not need to do this every morning. Fix one or days a week and forget the weight machine for the rest of the days.
7. Prepare a Protein-Rich Breakfast: Utilize the morning time in preparing a super healthy, power packed, high-protein breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and make sure it’s the most nutritious one – Rati Beauty diet has amazing protein-rich breakfast options that would heighten metabolism and help burn calories through the day. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
8. Prepare/Pack your Lunch: If you are a working woman, pack your lunch form the home instead of opting for canteen made food or take away. Try to opt for complex carbohydrates like quinoa, brown rice, red rice etc. Opt for healthy protein options like fish or chicken. Boil and sauté your vegetables and season them with your favorite spices.
9. Be on your Feet as Much as Possible: When you have time, try to walk or cycle to work if possible. Take stairs instead of lifts and take breaks in-between your work. Instead of sitting in your workplace for your hours, take frequent breaks and mini strolls. This keeps your body active all day long and prevents fat accumulation in the body because you are burning calories with each step and being on your feet.
10. Do Not Forget To Track Your Calorie Intake: Do not eat less, eat the right kind of food to lose weight, and do not forget to monitor calorie intake.
11. Pack your Snacks: We all tend to cheat at least once in a day as we all have cravings. Be smart with those cravings and always have few healthy snacks handy so that you would not reach for unhealthy, high-calorie snacks when those hunger pangs strike hard.