Losing fat can be a little overwhelming and frustrating, especially when you are struggling to cut down food intake drastically and trying to squeeze in significant time to workout at the gym every single day – and all of these do not translate to fat loss eventually. Also, if you are caught in the vicious cycle of fat loss and fat gain, and have went through repetitive rounds of yo-yo dieting, and now just want a sustainable way to lose weight and get fit, we have got some good news! At the outset, we would make it clear that there’s no particular detox drink or fat-burning pill that will burn away all fat overnight. It takes a combination of strategies to make fat loss possible, and easier! For example, do you know even if you are eating as less as possible, without a proper sleep schedule, fat loss is extremely difficult. Also, the problem with following the wrong kind of weight loss plan is that you tend to lose muscle mass along with fat, and that would ruin your metabolism (which means fewer calories would get burnt in the future). Though some amount of body fat is necessary (fat range for women in the range of 10-35% is considered healthy and for men, it is 2-25%), a percentage above 35% puts you at a high risk of developing diabetes, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, and even stroke. That’s why fat loss is extremely crucial not only to prevent life-threatening diseases, but for overall good health as well. The high level of confidence and improved energy levels are just added bonus. So, coming back to how to make the whole process of fat loss easier – here’s what you should actually do!
1. Don’t Slash Calories by a Great Deal: When you cut calories steeply without taking into your energy needs, you are at an increased risk for developing low blood pressure, anemia, and fatigue. And also counterproductive because it’s extremely hard to stick to a diet which is based on food deprivation and starvation. Additionally, with severe calorie restriction, the body goes into a “famine mode,” conserving body fat by lowering metabolism and employing other adaptive mechanisms – making burning fat extremely difficult. Eat enough food and maintain a calorie deficit without compromising on nutrition on body’s energy needs.
2. Choose a Diet That’s Easy to Follow Even When you are Busy: As mentioned above, fat loss becomes a cakewalk when you are on the right kind of diet which encourages you to eat the right kind of food, not less! Rati Beauty diet is one such weight loss program which encourages you to eat the right kind of food and lose inches and overall fat as well. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
3. Prioritize Dieting over Exercise: Regular exercise is necessary to get fit and healthy, but if you are thinking about achieving quicker fat burn by sweating it out in the gym for several hours in a day without straightening out the diet, it’s a complete wrong strategy. Many people think that the more exercise they do, the more fat they lose. But without lowering calories through diet, exercising only has a minimal effect. A combination of dieting and exercise will bring faster fat burn.
4. Prioritize Protein and Veggies to Stay Full: Protein is a macronutrient essential to run all functions in the body smoothly, it helps a great deal when trying to get lean as well. When you consume protein, it increases the levels of the satiety hormone “leptin,” curbs appetite, and increases thermogenesis in the body which means we get to burn more calories. A good amount of protein also lowers cravings for unhealthy food. Since protein helps to build muscle, it’s a win-win situation. Vegetables like spinach, green peas, etc., are rich in protein and also keep you fuller for long without adding too many calories. Here’s a list of “14 Inexpensive Plant Based Protein Sources for Weight Loss.”
5. Include Cheat Meal Once a Week: A “cheat meal” once a week is a necessary in any weight loss plan. If someone asks you to swear off your favorite food forever, then you are most probably following the wrong kind of diet plan. Cheat meals are essential to reset metabolism, satisfy cravings, prevent binge eating, overcome weight loss plateau, and most importantly, to stick to your diet plan better. That’s why Rati Beauty diet promotes indulging a cheat meal once a week to boost weight loss efforts. In this post, we list down “10 cheat meal rules for weight loss” that everyone should try. It’s a reward-based diet strategy that allows you to indulge in your favorite food outside of your diet program once a week and also sets the stage for burning of extra body fat further.
6. Cut Down Added Sugar: Giving up on added sugar and artificial sweeteners has a positive impact on overall health as well. Added sugar and artificial sweeteners can affect healthy bacteria in your gut, which leads to a tendency for weight gain and difficultly in losing weight. Consuming a high-fiber diet with whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes) and prebiotics like garlic, onions, bananas, and probiotics such as yogurt, pickles, kefir, increases microbial diversity and increased chances of fat loss.
7. Ditch the Extras: What makes sandwiches more delicious – a generous spread of mayonnaise and extra slices of cheese! But these extra additions bring in a lot of empty calories that make getting into a calorie deficit hard. Also, salads can make you gain weight when you pour store-bought salad dressings, use too much cheese, and toss croutons into it to make it scrumptious. Ditch the extra, we say to make fat loss easier.
8. Increase Activity Level: Health experts are saying that “sitting is the new smoking” because it gives rise to a cluster of health problems – high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity are just a few issues. If you can manage just a 20-minute walk in a day, take a break from sitting every 30 minutes, it’s a step in the right direction. Switching to a standing desk at work, walking while talking on the phone, getting on your feet at every possible opportunity would take you from leading a sedentary to active lifestyle effortlessly.
9. Practice HIIT: Cannot squeeze time to hit the gym? Here’s what you should do – HIIT (high intensity interval training) can be done at home, doesn’t take much time, and burns a lot of calories – check out “7 Minute Fat Burning HIIT Exercises That you can Do at Home.”
10. Be Patient: Just as you hadn’t gained weight overnight, fat loss is also a process and it would be weeks before you can see visible results. Do not give up on the diet or exercise routine because consistency is the key, and patience and being stress-free would fetch faster results.
11. Get Enough Zz’s: With sleep deprivation, the tendency to overeat and cravings for unhealthy food increases the next day. Sleeping for 7 hours or more promotes a successful fat loss rate with metabolism reset and fat-burning hormones and enzymes set at optimum level.
With these tips, you can achieve fat loss that is easier to achieve and sustainable for life.