Most people who rule out dieting as an option to lose weight, do so because they have images of being hungry for most part of the day, giving up all their favorite food, and munching on cucumbers and carrots for rest of their lives. However, dieting is not about deprivation and starving yourself, it’s all about clean eating, and that why people on Rati Beauty Weight Loss program are successfully able to shed weight by actually eating the right kind of food. If you think going on a weight loss diet is all about fighting temptations and cravings through the day and sleeping on empty stomach, you are probably following the wrong kind of diet. Have you wondered how people stick to their diets and manage to lose weight steadily. When you struggle and start to flounder on a dieting program that you have just started to lose weight, remember why you had started in the first place, and also here are 15 amazing tips to stick to your diet for weight loss.
12 Amazing Tips to Stick to your Diet for Weight Loss:
1. Do not crash diet: Do not starve or deprive yourself of food. Staying hungry will not help melt off the pounds, it may actually lower down the metabolism and trigger weight gain when you start eating proper food. Also, crash dieting is not at all sustainable, and once you come off such diets, you would gain all the weight back up. Drastic diets can give faster results, but they do not keep the pounds off. That’s why it’s important to follow a healthy dieting routine such as on Rati Beauty app to lose weight and keep it off forever.
2. Indulge in Cheat Meals Once a Week: Convert your cheat meal into a treat meal once a week. Dieting does not mean giving up on your favorite food forever, you can indulge in them once or twice during the week not only to satisfy your cravings, but also to kickstart a sluggish metabolism and to trick the body into believing that it’s okay to burn calories because food is available plenty and to take back metabolism to the high level.
3. Meal prep for the Entire Week: Most of us indulge in junk and processed food when we are confused about what to eat. Meal prepping for the entire week (jotting down recipes and cutting and chopping raw ingredients into separate boxes) leaves little room to indulge in unhealthy food. It’s easy to take out boxes of pre-packed ingredients from the fridge and cook them. In fact, note down snacks also in your meal prep.
4. Rati Beauty Weight Loss Diet: Diet food need not be bland, “meh” and about cucumbers anymore. The food on Rati Beauty weekly diets are delicious, wholesome, nutritious, and help you shed weight consistently.
5. Remove Triggers that Push you Towards Unhealthy Eating: It’s essential to clean up the kitchen and pantry of unhealthy snacks and food triggers that can get you off the diet. Delete food-ordering apps because it’s a convenient way to get junk food on the plate.
6. Take Baby Steps: Do not overwhelm yourself by making drastic changes in the beginning of the diet. Take baby steps, remove unhealthy food one by one, without cutting out major food groups all at once. As part of taking baby steps, follow weekly diets chalked out on Rati Beauty app.
7. Detach Food with Emotions: Stress eating or emotional eating is a situation where one eats to feel good and pleasant, to cope up with trauma, to relieve stress, rather than to satisfy hunger. The food that emotional eaters choose are usually high-fat, high sugar, calorie-rich food full of transfat and other toxic ingredients, extremely unhealthy. Food with high sugar, sodium, transfat content have a direct impact on the brain. When you eat such food, your brain rewards you by releasing “feel-good chemicals” such as endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine. Such feel-good chemicals makes one feel happy by elevating mood, and calming down nerves. Such type of food may cause sharp insulin spikes that provide instant energy but the subsequent drop in blood sugar level is just as steep, causing fatigue and lack of energy, making you crave for “unhealthy food” all over again. You start to depend more and more on such unhealthy food to deal with jittery nerves because processed and junk food releases a huge amount of dopamine and other feel-good chemicals compared to healthy food. In short, people resort to emotional eating to feel better, relieve stress, and cope up with traumatic situations and it’s important to detach food with all kinds of emotions and find comfort in them.
8. Swap Unhealthy Food with These Healthy Swaps: The most important change that one can start their weight loss journey with or in general get healthy is by swapping unhealthy food in their diet with healthy alternatives. Replacing these food items will help kickstart your weight loss process with full gusto and also would serve as small stepping stones to big successes. Including a good portion of protein, fiber, and fats along with a few carbs in the daily diet will make you feel energetic and healthy in a span of just a few days. We have listed out 50 Healthy Food Swaps That Everyone Should Absolutely Try
9. Portion Control: Portion control is an essential aspect, not only to lose weight but also to maintain optimum health and to prevent diseases such as type 2 diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. Here’s are 10 tips to Practice Portion Control on a Diet.
10. Practice Mindful Eating: Chewing slowly is a part of mindful eating because it recommends enjoying each bite of food and being aware of the quality and quantity of food that you are consuming. Avoid transfat, high sugar, high calorie food and include lots of vegetables and whole grains in your diet. This will help you to stick to the diet better.
11. Reduce Stress Level: Easier said than done, stress also plays a major role in weight loss. When you cannot keep a tab over stress, it can cause a lot of damage to the body. Increased stress levels also increase the production of hunger hormone “ghrelin” since it acts to lower stress and that explains why most people tend to overeat when they are stressed out or even just anxious. Burn the stress off by working out, listening to music, yoga, or by developing new hobbies and brushing the dust off the old ones.
12. Make it a Habit to Sleep for 7 Hours: You can workout like crazy and have literally no food during the day, but if you haven’t slept for 7 straight hours, your metabolism will ebb to its lowest and it will lower the pace at which body burns fat. Sleep tight for at least 7 hours each night to keep metabolism active and burn calories.
Our favorite advice is to make healthy eating a part of your lifestyle and not as a path to reach your goal weight. Also, if you have been going wrong with the diet, start afresh with the next meal.