Dry, frizzy hair is a cause of concern for many women and the shampoos that are commonly available in the market tend to turn hair rough, dry, and frizzy with just one use, leaving them unmanageable as well. In an attempt to get lustrous, glossy locks, most people continue to spend lots of money on countless number of haircare products (shampoos, conditioners, hair serums, protein hair packs, hair spa), which do not help much to tame frizzy hair. Though such products are convenient to use, it’s prudent to rely on “dadi, nani nuskhe” to turn frizzy hair into soft and luscious locks. Given below are some tips that might help you to regain the lost charm of your crowning glory. Read about 12 Amazing Tips to Turn Frizzy Hair into Soft Mane.
1. Avoid the use of shampoo everyday in your hair. Over-shampooing can wash away the hair’s protective oils and make them dry and frizzy.
2. Take castor oil or coconut oil and add a teaspoon of lavender essential oil in it. Heat this mixture a little. Massage it gently in your scalp. Leave it overnight. Shampoo your hair in the morning. Follow this routine at least twice a week.
3. Take 3 eggs, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon vinegar. Mix these ingredients together. Apply it on your hair and cover with a plastic cap. Leave it on for 30 minutes. Then shampoo as usual.
4. Apply mayonnaise onto your hair. Rub it in down to your scalp and then cover with a plastic cap. Wait for about 30 minutes. Rinse it out thoroughly. Use a mild shampoo.
5. Take six ounces of warm sesame or soy oils. Add six drops of lavender, bay and sandalwood essential oils in it. Apply this oil on your hair and leave for 15 minutes.
6. Drench hair in apple-cider while in the shower and rinse with cool water. After this, apply a deep – conditioning treatment.
7. Apply natural honey on your hair and scalp. Leave it on your hair for about half an hour and then wash it with a very mild shampoo.
8. Avoid over brushing as it can actually break hair and make them dry.
9. Leave in conditioners and detanglers can be used get any knots out of your hair.
10. Use a non-alcoholic based serum and thermal hair care protectant. Also avoid using hair styling tools as they dry out hair and make them frizzy.
11. Always drink plenty of water and eat a balanced diet of good proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Vitamin and mineral supplements can also be taken for treating dry hair.
12. Always try to cover your hair when going out in the sun.