A majority of people out there still believe the most effective method to lose extra weight is to hit the gym! Completely wrong! You can lose considerable amount of weight, every bit of it, sitting at home, just by straightening out your diet. However, there’s just not one fix to shedding weight. But there are a whole lot of other things that add up and make the whole “weight loss” process a lot easier. If you have tried every trick in the book to lose weight, it’s time to look at some tips that you haven’t tried or aren’t even trying.
1. Have you Tried the Rati Beauty Diet: As we have mentioned previously, forming the right kind of eating habits and picking the right foods to eat can make a huge difference to how you melt away the extra fat – and the diets on Rati Beauty app are all about that and more. From guiding you on what to eat, how to eat and when to eat, to help making lifestyle changes that can accelerate weight loss, you can find them on the Rati Beauty app. Weight loss is all about 80% diet and 20% exercise and with the right kind of diet, one can lose considerable amount of weight.
2. Eat Until 80% Full to Lose Weight: This one simple rule can boost your weight loss and improve overall health as well – stop eating when you are 80% full! “Hara Hachi Bu” is an eating technique that originated from Okinawa region of Japan. “Hara Hachi Bu,” literally translates to “eat until you are 80% full.” This practice promotes putting a stop to eating once a person reaches 80% satiety. It’s a part of mindful eating where one is alert about cues from the body when the satiety point has been reached. For weight loss to happen, it is important to remain in calorie deficit, and hara hachi bu is an effective eating practice that can help us shed weight by keeping us in calorie deficit. Ideally, one should never eat to the point of developing discomfort. In short, eating only until 80% full will help you eat less, lose weight, and live longer and healthier. It’s a fact that your brain takes about 20 minutes to register how much your body has eaten, and when you stop at 80% full, it would mean you are actually full, and stopping at 100% full, would mean you have overeaten! Complicated, right?! So, that’s why, here are “9 Ways to Eat Until 80% Full.
3. Are you Sleeping for 7 Hours: There have been so many studies that have found strong links to sleep deprivation with weight gain and increase in belly fat. If you have been sleeping for less than 7 hours, it would lead to hormonal imbalance, particularly increase in stress hormone, overeating, lowering of metabolism, unhealthy cravings. You should absolutely make a point to sleep for 7 hours or more for the body to shed weight.
4. Strengthen the Gut: One of the most important keys to lose weight – is a robust gut! From keeping metabolism high to maintaining hormone balance (including that of fat-burning hormones), the gut does it all! An imbalance in the gut can block the fat-burning process, that’s why give due importance towards building a healthy gut – by eating fermented food (idli, dosa, buttermilk are some examples) and probiotics on a regular basis to strengthen the gut for successful weight loss.
5. Give up Comfort Foods: Don’t we turn to high-calorie comfort food to calm our nerves during stressful situations? We often turn to comfort foods when we are tired, bored, stressed out, or anxious, right? Staying away from comfort foods and finding different ways to de-stress can get you on the right track to weight loss.
6. Eat without Distractions: One of the prerequisites of mindful eating is to eat without any distractions, which means switch off the TV, keep away the phone, and eat in peace so that once the satiety hormone kicks in, you can keep away the fork and spoon to avoid consuming extra calories. Eat without any kind of distraction, in peace, and enjoy each bite, so that the brain feels fuller with the optimum amount of calories, without pushing you to overeat.
7. Take a Liking for Pickles: Yes, you have heard it right? Pickles can help boost weight loss, provided it’s a low-sodium one. Since pickles come under fermented food category, they are good for the gut, digestive system, and thus help boost weight loss.
8. Switch to Whole Carbs instead of Refined: Carbs have a bad reputation in the weight loss circles due to the common belief that they are fattening in nature and lead to increase of fat storages in the body; however, not all carbs are bad. Food items such as sugar, candies, white bread, pizza, donuts, cookies, burgers, chocolates, etc. have refined carbs that spike insulin levels and have loads of calories that quickly add up and get stored as fat in cells, and make it difficult to shed extra weight. Swap refined carbs with foods with complex carbs such as these – Best Carbs for Weight Loss.
9. Add more Green Leafy Veggies to your Diet: One of the most effective weight loss tips to feel fuller and maintain a calorie deficit, is to fill half of your plate with veggies, and if those vegetables are green leafy things, that’s a double bonus. Most green leafy vegetables are rich sources of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, protein, and fiber, that form essential components of a healthy diet. Leafy greens are great for everyone, from kids to adults to the elderly, and of course, for people who want to lose weight as well with their low calorie, high nutrient content, along with metabolism-boosting properties. Here’s the list of “14 Best Leafy Green Vegetables to Boost Weight Loss.”
10. Drink More Water: A lot of people who are unable to lose weight tend to slack on the amount water they consume in a single day. Thirst signals are often confused with hunger, so if you experience frequent hunger pangs, reach for a glass of water instead of a bag of potato chips.
11. Keep a Food Diary: Keeping a journal of what goes into your plate and eventually into your mouth would help you track and cut out extra calories and junk from your daily diet. Cutting out calorie-rich food items will help create a calorie deficit which would eventually help you lose weight. In the journal, do keep a track of how many times you are snacking and how much sugar content you are consuming on a daily basis.
12. NEAT Activities: Exercising for just one hour a day and sticking to the work desk and leading a sedentary lifestyle for the rest of the day, will make it harder for you to shed extra kilos. Remain active throughout the day, practicing these NEAT activities, and continue to burn calories. If work keeps you tied to the desk for the major part of the day, do not forget to just fidget the legs because certain studies have found that this simple activity can burn 300 calories and more.