We all know that to reach our goal weight and to get fit, we should eat right because there’s no other better way to lose weight. While we may find all the willpower in the world to adhere strictly to all the prescribed norms and protocols of weight loss, we might let the guards down towards the end of the day, most precisely, at dinner time because it’s also the time everyone chooses to reward themselves for sticking to the diet through the day and for exercising as per schedule. Also, there might be a lot of triggers that can push you towards making mistakes at dinner – a tiring and long day at work, unhealthy cravings, and search for comfort food after a stressful day. Also, if you have been staying off food for the major part of the day, you might feel ravenous at dinner time. If you desperately want to lose weight, it’s imperative that you take charge of dinner time and make tiny tweaks to boost weight loss and get the results you are looking for. In this post, 12 Tiny Tweaks to your Dinner Routine Boost Weight Loss.
1. The Right Kind of Diet Does it All for you: Weight loss begins the moment you straighten up and make changes to your diet. If you feel like you have tried every trick that’s out there without getting any result, it’s time to check out Rati Beauty diets that help you to shed kilos as well as inches off the waist. Also, it’s not just about the diet, it’s the way you employ the right strategies and meal planning (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacking times), and this diet program does it all, do check out the weight loss diet on the Rati Beauty app for more details.
2. Swap Regular Dinner Plate with 8-inch Plate: Most of us tend to over-serve at dinner, not practicing portion control. In fact, dinner plates should be smaller in size because bigger the plate, the larger is the room for more food to be served. Do swap your regular 10-inch dinner plate with a smaller 8-inch plate, and you would be able to finish everything that’s there on the plate without overeating, avoiding unnecessary calories from piling up.
3. Have your Dinner Before 7 PM: Rati Beauty weight loss diet encourages people to have their dinner by 7 pm before the metabolism slumps, down so that food is better digested and absorbed, and there are no calories left behind to be stored as fat. Also, when dinner has been wrapped up early, better sleep is guaranteed. As we all know, a good night’s sleep is essential for the functioning of fat-burning hormones and enzymes and also to keep stress and hunger hormone in check.
4. Meal Prep/Plan Meals Ahead: Meal prepping promotes healthy eating and saves a lot of time during busy days when you have no time for elaborate cooking. Preparing batches of healthy food and storing them up in the fridge, that would last for most days in the week will save a lot of money, and cut down loads of calories that make their way through ordered foods from restaurants and eateries, particularly at dinner time. Learn how to meal prep on a weekly basis to lose weight on the Rati Beauty app.
5. Save the Portion as Leftover: If there’s still food on your dinner plate, save the extra as leftover and get creative the next day, one tip would be to adding it to omelettes or mixing it up with the parantha dough and make delicious rotis.
6. Water Preloading: Water preloading is considered as an effective tweak to aid weight loss. In this strategy, experts recommend to consume 500 ml of plain water half an hour before each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Such a quantity of water before the meal will significantly stretch your tummy and as a result, there would be lesser release of the hunger hormone “ghrelin.” This means you would feel full with less food and fewer calorie intake. It is an effective strategy to tackle overeating. It’s a fact that most of us do not consume enough water through the day, and most of the times, we are just thirsty and not really hungry. Frequent hunger pangs are most probably caused due to dehydration and if you can provide your body with more H2O, you can lose weight rather effectively. Read more about the “Water Preloading” strategy in this post.
7. Avoid Fruit Juices or Sugary Beverages with Dinner: One may feel adding fresh fruit juices or other beverages is “okay,” along with having meals, but it may lead to blood sugar spikes, where more insulin is pumped out to level out the blood sugar. When insulin manages to decrease the blood sugar, the subsequent drop in energy levels, will make you hungry all over again, and you will most likely reach for unhealthy snacks to curb these hunger pangs. To avoid sugar spike and crash, avoid fruit juices and sugary beverages with dinner.
8. Try to Avoid Fruit Portions Along with Dinner: Most fruits are powerhouses of nutrition – with impressive levels of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, flavanoids, fiber, folate, but there’s a lot of debate on whether one can eat fruits at night, either along with dinner or as a snack after dinner. Fruits have a naturally-occurring sugar called “fructose” along with glucose. These sugars, though natural, spike insulin, and raise blood sugar levels. Fruits get digested faster and get to the small intestine earlier than meals which are high in protein, carbs, and fat, hence it is advisable to consume fruits by the evening so as to not upset the digestive process since these sugars get digested relatively quickly. However, as a late night snack or to satisfy hunger pangs in the night, a fruit is a better option than a bag of chips or slice of pizza or a scoop of ice cream (that have loads of empty calories).
9. Use Less Cooking Oil for Dinner Dishes: Using a lot of cooking oil would add unnecessary calories to the meal, even if it’s the healthiest oil on the planet (for example olive oil), especially when you want to cut down as many calories as possible at the least meal of the day. Measure and limit cooking oil for all the meals in fact.
10. Include these 20 Foods That Burn Fat While you Sleep.
11. Eat Slowly: People who eat quickly tend to gain weight compared to those who take their sweet time chewing slowly. When you eat too fast, your brain doesn’t get the signal to stop once you are full. This means that you often eat more than you actually require. Another interesting fact is that the brain takes about 20 minutes to register that you have eaten food and by slowing down, you can actually reach satiation point during the eating process itself and stop yourself from eating extra calories. So, eat your dinner in peace and without any distractions.
12. Eat your Meals in Well-Lit Area: This is a tip you might not have heard before. Certain studies have proven that people who eat in good lighting make healthy food choices and eat lesser calories than compared to people who eat in dim lighting, so switch on the brightest light while you are having dinner.
Hope these tiny tweaks will help you race to your goal weight sooner than you think.