Raise your hand if losing weight was on your New Year’s resolution list, but within one week, you gave up the whole idea because it seemed like an unachievable, complicated, and tortuous process. Contrary to what many believe, losing weight does not involve starving all through the day, spending hours together at the gym, and popping up expensive fat-cutter pills. If you have been believing all these wrong notions, we are here to show you ways to make losing weight less torturous and rather easy. Read on:
1. Start on a Good Weight Loss Diet: Weight loss starts from the time that you get on a good calorie deficit diet, such as on the Rati Beauty diet, on the Rati Beauty app. To shed extra pounds and melt fat layers, it’s not at all necessary to munch on salads through the day – you can eat good and delicious food and still lose weight – for that, check out all the meal plans on Rati Beauty diet. The weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app help you to shed extra pounds and get you to a lighter and fitter version of yourself with the right kind of diet plans and exercise routines. Download the app on your phone for more details.
2. Swap Beverages and Packaged Fruit Juices with Water: When you drink more H2O, you not only curb unnecessary cravings and appetite, you help the body to rehydrate and run all its functions smoothly. The bonus would come when you swap high-calorie, high-sugar fruit juices and beverages with zero-calorie water. In fact, try to drink around 2 liters of water a day and it would do amazing things to your skin, hair, and weight loss.
3. Switch to Smaller Meal Plates: This is thought to be a foolproof strategy to trick your brain and prevent it from tempting you to for second servings and practice portion control effectively as well. Most of us tend to over-serve at dinner, not practicing portion control. In fact, dinner plates should be smaller in size because bigger the plate, the larger is the room for more food to be served. Do swap your regular 10-inch dinner plate with a smaller 8-inch plate, and you would be able to finish everything that’s there on the plate without overeating, avoiding unnecessary calories from piling up.
4. Say No to Refined Foods/Processed Food: Dump every food that is made from refined flour/sugar in it because refined foods have empty calories that spike insulin and have little to no nutritional value, making you hungry within a short span of time. Also, processed food have ingredients that lead to weight gain. So, cross them out from your grocery list right now.
5. Practice Portion Control: We often forget to portion control food, especially when we are having meals while browsing on the phone or watching TV. Practice portion control with every meal to get into calorie deficit to lose weight. Read about “10 Tips to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss.”
6. Sitting is the New Smoking: Avoid sitting for long hours because researchers say sitting is the new smoking. When one is sitting on for long hours, it increases the risk of lifestyle diseases such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular issues. Get up from your work desk or couch every 30 minutes and do not forget to stretch a bit while standing.
7. Combine Fat-Burning Foods: Sometimes one is better than two when it comes to weight loss. Try these “12 Food Combinations That Boost Weight Loss.”
8. Wash Hands Before Eating Food, Especially After you Have Applied Sanitizer: Sanitizers have triclosan which is a chemical that is found to be an obesogen that meddles with hormones inside the body and leads to weight gain. Make it a point to wash hands before eating food after you have applied sanitizer.
9. Stop Emotional Eating: Stress eating or emotional eating is a situation where one eats to feel good and pleasant, to cope up with trauma, to relieve stress, to feel less anxious, rather than to satisfy hunger or cravings. The food that emotional eaters choose are usually high-fat, high sugar, calorie-rich food full of transfat, leading to weight gain. When someone depends on food to cope with certain situations or to relieve stress, preoccupation with food takes over that person’s life and before he/she realizes, and they would end being obese. Finds way to de-stress and detach emotions with food, do not pick foods when you are under stress for comfort.
10. Practice HIIT: HIIT workouts are popular to burn fat when compared to cardio exercises such as walking or running on the treadmill. Even after you have finished HIIT routine, your body continues to burn calories because of increased oxygen consumption, keeping up the metabolism high all through the day. You would be surprised to know that you can burn up to 100 calories per hour for 24 hours after a 30-minute HIIT workout. HIIT also boosts enzymes that are responsible for fat burning and also decrease levels of fat-producing enzymes. HIIT exercises are great for busy women because they burn more fat and calories in less time. Here is a list of “7-Minute Fat Burning HIIT Exercises That you can Do at Home.”
11. Fill Half of your Plate with Vegetables: Why not fill half of your plate with veggies to add loads of nutrition, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to your body without adding too many calories and helping the body maintain a calorie deficit to burn fat.
12. Sleep For 7 and More Hours: Sleep deprivation has direct links to weight gain because lack of sleep encourages the body to store fat by lowering metabolism, increasing the levels of hunger hormone ghrelin and stress hormone cortisol, and lowers the release of fat-burning enzymes and hormones. So, do get your daily dose of beauty sleep starting from today.