By office goers, we also are hinting at people who are still working from home, and their office hours stretch way beyond 9 to 5 routine. Researchers have claimed that “sitting is the new smoking” and people working at the desk are sitting up to 10 hours to get their work done and they find it extremely difficult to lose weight. For such people, we have put together practical ways to lose weight.
1. Say No to Food Pushers at Office: So, you are on a weight loss diet, counting every single calorie, but have colleagues at office who act as “food pushers,” tempting you to eat unhealthy treats, or just basically force you to overeat, then you have to find ways to say “no” to such people whenever they tempt you. These “food pushers,” can knowingly or unknowingly derail your weight loss plan, by encouraging you to eat more food or the wrong kind of food. But if you want to lose weight at any cost, you have to practice saying “no” to food pushers, and obviously find polite ways to do so. In this post, we list 7 ways to say “no” to a food pusher the next time around they appear with a piece of pizza or a box of chocolates to tempt you.
2. Portion Control Control Even At Work: Portion control is essential to get into a calorie deficit that propels one to shed extra weight. Read about “10 Tips to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss.”
3. Pack your Lunch: Get into a habit of packing your own lunch and as per the meal plans on a good weight loss diet such as the Rati Beauty diet on the Rati Beauty app. It’s a fact that when you are eating the right kind of food, losing weight does become kind of easy.
4. Pick Foods with Protein and Fiber: Protein and fiber are two nutrients that accelerate the weight loss by keeping one full for long hours, helping the body burn more calories, and nourishing the body at the same time. Find protein and fiber rich meal plans on the Rati Beauty diet.
5. Get Calories from Food, Not Liquid: Even fizzy drinks with “diet” labelled over them have calories, so skip such beverages and sip on plain water.
6. Avoid Sitting for Long at the Work Desk: We have already mentioned that “sitting is the new smoking” because it triggers a lot of lifestyle diseases such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular issues. Also, the fat-burning enzyme lipase stalls it functions when you sit for long hours. Make it a point to get up from your work desk every few minutes to keep the fat-burning process functioning.
7. Do These Exercises While at Work: Chair dips, chair pushups, arm circles, chair squats, knee ups can all be done without any equipment and sitting at your chair. Make use of break time and show everyone at work that you are fitness conscious by making use of every little opportunity to work out.
8. Remember to Sip Water to Avoid Unnecessary Cravings: Most of the time that you feel hungry, it’s just that you are dehydrated and need water. Our body tends to mix up hunger and thirst signals, and dehydration can make you a lot hungry. Keep always a bottle full of water near your work desk and get up every hour to refill it.
9. Avoid Frequent Snacking: Stick to meal and snack timings and avoid frequent snacking because with every snack, you are building up extra calories in the body. Also, pack healthy snacks to work, for example, trail mix with nuts and seeds that are full of nutrients and would keep hunger at bay.
10. Use the Stairs instead of the Elevator: As cliched as it may sound, whether at work or somewhere else, use the stairs at every given opportunity to burn more calories.
11. Avoid Break Room Snack Temptations: Whenever temptations hit you, remind yourself that you want to get healthy and also want to lose weight.
12. Walk at Every Opportunity: Yes, walking does amazing things for your body. Stand up and walk at every given opportunity. And also, while you are walking, swerve past the vending machine that is full of goodies that are extremely bad for weight loss.
For more such weight loss tips, download the Rati Beauty app.