Are you too busy that you don’t even have time to tell people you are busy!? In that case, squeezing out an hour or two out of a tight schedule to slog it out the gym to lose weight might seem next to possible. But know what? Weight loss is not about hitting the gym with a vengeance, it’s majorly about eating the right kind of food and you can absolutely lose without breaking a sweat (but breaking a sweat does help in accelerating the whole process). If you have been dreading the idea of hitting the gym to lose weight when there’s hardly any time to breathe, then you have landed at the right place because we have got diet programs that help you drop excess weight by helping you eat right. Since weight loss can be divided into 80% diet and 20% exercise, it would be a prudent idea to straighten out your diet by following the weight loss programs on the Rati Beauty app. Here are some more tips you can follow additionally to look leaner and get healthier.
1. Start on an Easy-to-Follow Diet Program: You would stop considering losing weight a time-consuming process by following the diet programs on the Rati Beauty. Check out easy-to-follow diets on the app and drop weight successfully by just eating the right kind of food.
2. Practice Water Preloading: If you are too busy, make water your best friend because water is an absolutely calorie-free drink that curbs appetite, boosts metabolism, and burns more calories. There’s also a clever way to eat lesser calories with water – consume 500 ml of plain water half an hour before each meal. Practicing this method will significantly stretch your tummy and as a result, there would be lesser release of the hunger hormone “ghrelin” and you would feel full with less amount of food and fewer calorie intake. It is an effective strategy to tackle overeating. Read in detail how to use “Water Preloading to Boost Weight Loss.”
3. Try 7-Minute HIIT: HIIT workouts are popular to burn fat when compared to cardio exercises such as walking or running on the treadmill. Interestingly, even after you have finished HIIT routine, your body continues to burn calories because of increased oxygen consumption, keeping up the metabolism high all through the day. HIIT also boosts enzymes that are responsible for fat burning and also decrease levels of fat-producing enzymes. HIIT exercises are great for busy women because they burn more fat and calories in less time, and not finding 7 minutes out of 24 hours is not a good excuse at all. Here is a list of 7 Minute Fat Burning HIIT Exercises That you can Do at Home.
4. Keep a Food Journal: It would just take 5 minutes to write down details about your food intake in a journal and it’s a helpful tool for people trying to lose weight. People who keep a food journal often find that jotting down every meal into a notebook helps them eliminate calorie-rich and unhealthy food. A food journal also helps one set a food routine and the frequency of snacking, avoiding weight gain.
5. Sleep Like a Baby: Not having a sound sleep has a spiralling effect when it comes to weight and health – it reduces leptin (satiety hormone) level, increases cortisol production, makes metabolism sluggish, lowers fat-burning enzymes, increases level of the hunger hormone “ghrelin.”Added to this, bad sleep can hamper the gut flora by hampering the physiological stress response, and an imbalanced gut can totally stall the whole weight loss process. In fact, in all seriousness, do nothing but sleep like a baby all through the night to shed extra flab.
6. Practice Hara Hachi Bu: It’s an eating technique that originated from Okinawa region of Japan where people live a long life, are not obese, and rarely suffer from any metabolic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, stroke or cardiovascular issues. “Hara Hachi Bu,” translates to “eat until you are 80% full.” This practice puts a stop to eating once a person reaches 80% satiety. We should stop before feeling the stomach pressure and till the point where we are no longer hungry, rather than full. Here are some ways to eat until 80% full to lose weight. Here’s a detailed post on how to practice to eat until you are 80% full.
7. Fidget those Legs Whenever you can: Studies have revealed that people who fidget their legs through the day can burn significantly more calories than people who are standing still! So, make use of the TV time, and fidget those legs to lose up to 300 calories in a day!
8. Stay Away from Low Fat and Fat-Free Foods: There’s one major mistake people who want to shed weight do – they avoid all forms of fat like a plague. Most food items that are marketed as “low fat” and “fat free” replace fat content with loads of carbs that when not used as energy, get stored as fat in the body, particularly, resulting in belly fat. hen fat content is ripped from food, it usually makes it bland and tasteless. To appeal to the tastebuds of consumers, companies add stuff like heaps of sugar, refined carbs, salt, emulsifiers, and thickeners which add high amount of calories to the body. Such a tendency defeats the whole purpose where one is actually going “low fat” to lose weight. So choose healthy fats instead of going low fat or fat free.
9. Be Active While you are Busy: Since you are busy, it would be a good idea to stay active while being busy – like taking mini strolls after prolonged periods of sitting, getting up on your feet whenever you can, switching a standing desk while working instead of sitting workstation. Here are some more ways to burn extra calories through the day (10 Things Fit People Do To Stay in Shape).
10. Portion Control: It’s essential to remain in calorie deficit to burn fat and portion controlling food is the bridge to enter such a deficit. If you are not sure how to portion control, here are 10 amazing tips to follow.
11. Swap Meal Plate with a Small Bowl: Eat food from a bowl rather than a plate to control calorie intake. When you use small plates or bowls, you tend to take smaller amount of food and that would prevent you from eating more than you need. There are also studies that have found that your brain gets tricked and feels satisfied when you eat from a bowl than from a plate. You would feel full when you eat from a small bowl with the same quantity of food that you eat from a larger plate. Also, the bowl’s weight in hand will give you the feeling that you are consuming more food. So, dump that plate and pick that bowl.
12. Say no to Added Sugar: This is probably a no-brainer – give up added sugar to lose weight because the empty calories that make their way through added sugar get converted as fat layers and not only prevent weight loss, they lead to rapid weight gain.
13. Find a Reason to Laugh: Often, chronic stress acts as a major roadblock preventing fat burning. Find ways to destress, try yoga, or activities that can take your mind off stress, and find a reason to laugh ore.
14. 21 Tricks to Boost Metabolism: There are different tricks to boost metabolism, which is considered as the engine that torches up calories, and you can find all of those tricks in this post.
15. Amp up on Probiotics: A healthy gut can do wonders for weight loss – from reducing inflammation, to regulating fat-burning hormones and enzymes, to lowering hunger and stress hormones – it does all and that’s why it’s essential to keep the gut happy, and one way is to feed it with probiotics. Check out this list of “10 Best Probiotic Food Items That are Good For Your Gut.”