Looking fit and healthy should be everyone’s number one priority, and if one has to lose weight to get healthy and fit, you should work towards it right now. But one should choose the right means and methods to shed weight instead of resorting to fad diets and pills that promise to melt fat in a jiffy, sloughing off weight from belly and everywhere else in a matter of just few days! In this post, we will bust certain popular weight loss tricks that do not work in the long run and sorry to burst the bubble; at the most, they would help you drop just the “water weight” and not fat. When you still lack the energy and clothes don’t fit any better than before, even after some weight is lost, it’s time to switch from a fad diet to a healthy diet such as Rati Beauty Weight Loss diets to lose weight and keep it off permanently.
1. Detox Drinks: Some people consume large amount of detox drinks in the hope to melt away all fat, but to be honest, detox drinks can at the most boost the weight loss process, they cannot burn fat. Detox drinks majorly concentrate on eliminating toxins from the body, and have not scientific backing. What people lose on detox drinks is water weight, and such diets are not sustainable, and no significant fat loss can be achieved by consuming them.
2. Master Cleanse: Although a few celebrities have made this diet popular, health experts consider it as a gimmicky diet. This diet is also based on the premise of detoxification and deprivation. It involves drinking lots of salt water and up to 12 glasses of lemonade, allowing some herbal teas, banning all other forms of solid food. The time period of this kind of a diet is anywhere from 10 days to up to a maximum of 40 days. Nutritionists and health experts completely oppose this kind of a method to lose weight because it cuts out all essential nutrients and is based on the concept of deprivation. As a result, once the master cleanse routine is over, all the lost weight bounces back.
3. Cutting out all forms of Fat from the Diet: Not all fats are created equal. In fact, healthy fats are an integral part of a healthy diet and nuts, olive oil, boost metabolism and help burn fat. The kind of fat you should be totally off is “transfat,” which is bad for overall health and can shoot up cholesterol levels too.
4. Going Gluten free: Though “gluten” affects people with celiac disease in an adverse way, some people who want to shed weight have started avoiding gluten like a plague. Gluten is a group of proteins, comprising of glutenin and gliadin, which is commonly found in wheat. Gluten gives the flour its sticky and glue-like texture when mixed with water. People with autoimmune disorders such as celiac disease and irritable bowel syndrome are allergic to gluten where their immune system triggers a reaction against the presence of gluten in the body and damages the lining of the gut wall, which may further lead to reactions such as diarrhea, anemia, headache, rashes, and even depression. People with gluten intolerance and wheat sensitivity should totally avoid wheat and cereals with gluten in them; however, there is no strong link or studies to back weight loss with gluten-free diet.
5. Surviving Solely on Fruit Juices: As we have always maintained, fruits are best consumed in their whole form as they tend to lose their precious “fiber” content upon juicing. Switching completely to fruit juices will quickly add up liquid calories, fructose, glucose, and lack of fiber will make weight loss quite difficult. So, eat a healthy diet instead of surviving on fruit juices to lose weight. Also, picking up packaged fruit juices which claim to contain 100% natural juice are not completely healthy because they do have added preservatives and sugar content to prevent them from spoiling
6. Solely Depending on Exercise to Lose Weight: Weight loss is all about 80% diet and 20% exercise, and if you switch and manipulate that percentage, lipolysis and fat burning would not happen. Not following a healthy diet and exercising rigorously will not help at all to shed weight.
7. Crash dieting: This kind of a diet is based on food deprivation and severe calorie restriction, which leads to binge eating later on, and following such a diet, will in fact lead to weight gain.
8. Too Much Protein to Lose Weight: There’s no doubt that proteins are essential to the fat-burning process, but overdoing and eating an extremely high-protein diet can lead to weight gain because all the extra protein that does not get utilized will eventually get stored as fat.
9. Surviving Solely on Salads: When you start replacing whole meals with just salads in order to cut down calories, you are depriving the body of essential nutrients needed to burn fat. And when high-calorie salad dressings, croutons, cheese – there is every chance that you would put on weight eventually.
10. Counting Calories, Not Counting Nutrition: Though calories from a slice of pizza and a bowl of whole grains may carry the same amount of calories, they do not provide the same amount of nutrition. You would get unhealthy fats, high sodium from that slice of pizza, you may get vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, etc., from the bowl of salad which would help make the metabolism high and boost weight loss.
11. Compensating Extra Calories for Workout: If you have the notion that you can burn off all extra calories in the gym next day, it won’t help you to keep the weight off in the long run. A healthy diet combined with exercise can only do the trick.
12. Picking up Only Sugar-Free Products: We cut down refined and white sugar from our diet, cutting down sweets, jams, and candies from our life, but then we happily add “sugar-free” tablets to the morning tea or sugar-free fruits juices and biscuits which do equal harm. All of these so called “sugar-free food items” contain artificial sweeteners like aspartame, sucralose, saccharin, etc instead of sugar, which do not get processed by our body and is bad for our waistline, skin. Long-term use of such artificial sweeteners can cause headaches, stomach aches, etc.
13. Switching Completely to Fat-Free products: Let me tell you first why fat is essential for our body. Natural fats which can be obtained from full fat milk, Cow Ghee, Nuts, Avocados, Fish, Olive oil, etc. are extremely essential to help keep the body full and satisfied for a longer time and hence it keeps a check on food cravings. It is also highly beneficial in keeping our metabolism high and helps our brain function better. Fat-free foods that are usually available in the market are highly processed and devoid of good fats which our body actually needs.
14. Fat-cutting Pills: They do not work, period!
15. Overeating Healthy Food: Healthy food does a great deal of benefit for overall health and to boost weight loss, but at the end, they still do have calories that add up and create calorie surplus, leading to weight gain. Practice portion control even while eating healthy food. Follow the diet programs on Rati Beauty app to find out different ways to practice portion control.
16. Switching to Diet Soda: Diet soda is equally bad as regular soda, adding loads of sugar, artificial sweeteners, flavour, and lots of empty calories to the body which ultimately get stored as fat.