Dark spots and textured skin is quite a common issue nowadays with pollution, sun exposure, use of wrong skincare products, and even stress playing major parts. Even though the market is loaded with creams, lotions, serums that claim to erase dark spots, you can find equally effective ingredients in your own kitchen that help to fade away dark spots and blemishes, whether it’s from acne scars or hyperpigmentation, all with zero side effects. In this post, we have 17 homemade face packs to fade dark spots, and all of them are easily available in your kitchen, and can be readily whipped up within a few minutes. So, do take a look:
1. Potato Juice with Rice Flour Face Pack: Shred one potato, extract the juice, and add 1 tbsp of rice flour to it. Mix them together and keep the mixture aside for 10 minutes so that the two gets mixed completely. Add rose water to form a smooth semi-liquid consistency, apply on the face and neck area. Let it dry and then wash off with normal water. If you keep doing this DIY at least 2-3 times a week then you will be able to see the difference in your black spots within a month.
2. Potato Juice with Olive Oil: Extract fresh potato juice and add a bit of olive oil to it. Apply the mixture to your entire face and let it rest for a good 10-15 minutes. Once the mixture is completely dry, rinse your face with water. This will not only help you get rid of stubborn dark spots but also work as an anti-ageing face pack.
3. Potato Juice with Cucumber: Mix equal proportions of potato juice and lemon juice and apply it on your face directly. Once it dries out, wash your face with normal water. Cucumber contains ascorbic acid and potato juice is rich in starch content which helps in lightening dark spots.
4. Almond and Honey Face Pack: Soak a few almonds in water overnight. Peel the almonds and grind to a paste form. Add a few drops of honey and 1 tbsp of sandalwood powder. Mix these ingredients well and apply them on the targeted areas. Keep this pack for some time before removing it off. Use this mask 2-3 times a week. With regular use, dark spots will be erased.
5. Turmeric with Honey Mask: Honey has anti-bacterial properties and also prevents skin problems. This mask also slows down ageing, moisturises and improves complexion. Mix one tablespoon of raw/organic honey with a pinch of turmeric. You can apply this mask all over the face or just on dark spots. Wash it off after 20 minutes with lukewarm water. You can use this mask twice daily.
6. Turmeric with Yogurt and Almond Oil: Yogurt contains vitamins B12 and B2, along with lactic acid which greatly help in reducing dark spots. Yogurt is a good source of lactic acid and zinc which exfoliates and moisturizes skin as well. Almond oil contains vitamin E, retinol, and vitamin K. These three ingredients form a powerful combination that works on dark spots. To make this mask, mix one tablespoon of yogurt with 3-4 drops of almond oil and a pinch of turmeric. Mix it well, apply on dark spots. Let it stay for 20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Apply daily till you achieve desired results.
7. Curd and Oatmeal Face Pack: This face pack is very easy to make and can be applied in a jiffy. Curd is known for skin lightening and moisturising properties whereas oatmeal helps to remove dead cells and remove dark spots from your skin. To make this pack, you have to take curd and oatmeal and mix them to form a thick paste. Apply this pack on the skin and let it remain for 30 minutes. After washing off this mask with cold water, you will feel a gentle exfoliation treatment and a much visible luminosity in your skin tone.
8. Milk and Honey Face Pack: Milk is known for skin lightening and whitening properties and honey is absolutely great for all skin types. Applying a face pack made from the powerful combo of these two ingredients will help to remove dark spots completely and will also unveil clear, glowing and radiant skin. All you have to do is add a few drops of honey to a few tablespoons of milk and apply this paste on the areas where you have dark spots. Keep this mixture for some time before washing it off. This pack if used on a regular basis will help to bring back the beautiful you.
9. Besan, Tomato, and Aloe Vera Face Pack: Besan thoroughly cleanses skin, exfoliates dead cells, and also adds a beautiful glow to the face. To make this pack, add a few tablespoons of besan and mix tomato pulp and aloe vera gel to it. The reason of adding these extra ingredients is because tomato is a good bleaching agent and helps in removal of dark spots. Aloe vera gel moisturizes and nourishes skin. After mixing these ingredients, apply this pack on the face and keep it until it is semi dry. Then rinse it off with cold water. Incorporating this pack in your daily routine will not only help you to get rid of dark spots, it will improve complexion as well.
10. Papaya Face Pack: Papaya is extensively used in anti-blemish and dark spot removal creams. You can also prepare fresh papaya mask at home by mashing a few ripe papaya pieces together and applying on the face directly. You can also add in a bit of honey to the face for added benefits. The enzymes present in papaya lightens the dark spots.
11. Potato Face Pack: Potato, a very easily available ingredient in the kitchen, works amazingly to remove dark spots. It has catecholase enzyme which works on pigmentation, blemishes and dark spots. It also has natural bleaching agents, lightens dark spots, and evens out skin tone. Using lemon juice as an ingredient will fasten the skin lightening process because both have bleaching properties. You can use both raw or boiled potatoes for making this mask. Peel off and grate the potatoes and add a few drops of lemon juice to it and mix well. Apply this pack on the face and let it remain for a while. Wash it off well and use this pack thrice a week for visible results.
12. Orange and Sandalwood Face Pack: Orange peel helps lighten dark spots whereas sandalwood helps to brighten the skin. Take a few tablespoons of sandalwood powder and add a few teaspoons of orange peel powder to it. Since sandalwood can dry out your skin, add some rose water to this mixture for hydration. Mix these ingredients well and form a paste. Apply this pack on the dark spot areas and keep it for some time. Then rinse off with water. This will not only enhance your complexion but will cause a visible reduction in sizes pf black spots.
13. Rice Flour and Turmeric Pack: An easily available kitchen ingredient which will cost you nothing but will work wonders for you in case you have dark spots. Rice flour is a rich source of antioxidants and helps to even out skin tone. Regular application of rice flour mask will lighten your black spots and inhibit them from occurring again. Take one tablespoon of rice flour and add a pinch of turmeric to it. Mix them with rosewater to form a paste and apply it on your face. Keep this pack for 20 minutes before rinsing off. You will be amazed with the instant results you get with this pack.
14. Saffron and Milk Face Pack: Just soak a few strands of saffron in milk and use cotton pads to apply this pack on your face. Keep it overnight and wash off the next morning. Daily use of this will help you remove the toughest dark spots with absolute certainty.
15. Wild Turmeric and Milk Skin Whitening Pack: This DIY consist of three simple ingredients and it should help you to get rid of pigmentation, scars and dark spots in a very short duration, if followed regularly. In short this is a skin whitening face pack. You can use this every day; it is completely natural and can give you great results only in 15 minutes if used daily. Take a tablespoon of kasthuri manjal in a clean bowl. Remember not to use the regular kitchen turmeric, kasthuri manjal or wild turmeric not only has great beauty benefits but it also does not stain your skin. Add a teaspoon of fresh milk to the turmeric. Add a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Mix the ingredients well and apply this mixture generously all over the face and skin where you have deep pigmentation. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and wash off with cold water. Repeat this process every day and you will be able to see positive results in just 2 weeks. Remember to use sunscreen while stepping out when you use this remedy.
16. Banana Face Pack for Blemished Skin: If you suffer from acne scars, redness, dark spots or hyperpigmentation, then all you need is a mixture of mashed ripe banana, some lemon juice and some honey. This will lighten the scars and pigmentation without drying your skin.
17. Nutmeg and Milk Face Pack For Acne Scars: Take one whole nutmeg with skin removed, 1 tbsp of milk, 1 strand of saffron (optional). You would need a stone grinder as well. Wash the stone grinder and leave it a little moist. Assemble all the ingredients. Pour a little milk onto the grinder and put in the saffron strand. Grind the saffron strand using the nutmeg itself. Apply a little pressure and move the nutmeg round in circles. If the mixture starts to feel dry, add in a little milk again. Keep grinding the nutmeg with milk until a desired quantity is achieved. Remove the paste into a bowl and apply it on the face and neck. Leave it on to dry. Minimum time is at least 30 minutes to get a good effect. You can also leave it overnight to get best results. Wash with warm water and pat to dry the face. Nutmeg contains essential oils that are beneficial for your skin. Along with that, it also has antiseptic properties which help fight pimples and acne. Nutmeg is also known to be a sleep inducer. Milk is known to be a skin moisturizer and softener. The combination of the two works wonders in this mask. It makes the skin brighter and fairer up to two shades. The pigmentation has gone down considerably. It has even helped me with my sun spots. They have also faded to some extent. I really do not need to apply any other moisturizer after washing off this mask since milk moisturizes but does not break out my skin. The addition of saffron also adds to the benefits of the mask. Saffron’s exfoliating qualities make it a wonderful aid in clearing and brightening up the complexion. It helps in blood circulation resulting in a glowing skin.
You would see a great difference using any of these masks and they are as good as store-bought ones, helping fade acne spots and clearing out dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Your skin would turn smooth and supple as well, all with zero side effects.