There’s no point in following hyped fad diets which only promise short-term weight loss, most of which would be loss of lean muscle and water weight, and not really of fat deposits (under the skin and visceral fat). When it comes to looking fit and toned, we often look up to celebrities with awe, especially the people who have had dramatic weight loss and look a better version of themselves now. It seems their sheer perseverance and hard work contributed in the way that they look today. Kareena Kapoor, Bhumi Pednekar, Sara Ali Khan, are just a few names who have gone from flab to fab in just a few months time. So, what’s the secret behind these stars dramatic weight loss? In this post, we have tried to dig into some weight loss tricks that most of these celebs swear by and don’t worry, it’s not that secret weight loss clinic tucked away in Austria. Weight loss has some uniform rules which when strictly followed fetches great dividends. Make no mistake, since celebrities are in the show business, they are extremely dedicated to look good and do not compromise on spending a lot of hours on their bodies to look fab. Even if you lack the time, these weight loss tricks are simple to follow and absolutely effective. Let’s check them out:
1. Say no to Fad Diets: They absolutely refrain from following fad diets that deprive them of necessary calories and nutrition. They follow diet plans that they can easily maintain and incorporate into their busy schedules. They eat wholesome food and do not deprive themselves of food. You can find such weight loss diet programs on Rati Beauty app, check them out here.
2. Eat Salad Before Each Meal: To curb appetite and to prevent overeating, eat a bowl of salad (without store-bought salad dressing) before each meal. You would be getting a good dose of antioxidants, fiber, and nutrients in this bowl of salad too.
3. Say “Yes” to Fats: The one mistake that most people who go on a diet do – giving up on fats in all their forms! Not all fats are created equal – healthy fats are different from unsaturated and transfat. In fact, healthy fats like those found in olive oil, ghee (clarified butter), avocado, coconut oil, can accelerate the fat-burning process. Read how “How Eating Fats Can Make you Thin.”
4. Eat a Good Amount of Whole Foods: It is very important to make that important switch from processed foods to whole foods. Whole foods will not only keep you full but will also add nutrients and proteins to your diet without the junk element which actually makes you obese. Whole foods are whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and other sources of food that have not undergone processing or refining.
5. Amp up Protein: Protein can be considered as one of the most vital nutrients that you should include in the daily diet if you are trying to lose weight. Fitness instructors, health experts, and dieticians recommend keeping your protein level high for weight loss to happen. That’s why Rati Beauty weekly diets include a lot of protein sources in their diet programs.
6. There should be one cheat day in a week: Yes, celebrities indulge on that one day in a week not only to satisfy their cravings but also to reset their metabolism to burn more calories over the coming days.
7. They Practice Mindful Eating: We cannot stress enough about the way eating mindfully can help you lose weight by being aware of the food that you are consuming and eating it without any distraction. Paying complete attention to the taste, look, smell, and the way it makes you feel is a part of mindful eating. Read about 9 Mindful Eating Hacks to Eat Right and Lose Weight in this post.
8. Record Everything you Eat: People who keep a food journal often find that jotting down every meal into a notebook helps them eliminate potential fattening and unhealthy food. A food journal also helps one set a food routine and the frequency of snacking.
9. Fill Half of the Plate with Veggies: Cover half of your plate with vegetables so that there is little room for high-calorie food. This way, you would not miss out on the vitamins and other nutrients either.
10. It’s all about Lifestyle Changes: When celebs decide to get fit, they make lifestyle changes and do not look at weight loss as a short-term goal. Eating mindfully, practicing portion control, eating dinner two hours before bedtime should be part of the lifestyle, not just means to reach the goal.
11. You absolutely have to drink more water: Don’t just limit water intake to 8 glasses of water, drink way more than that, especially if you drink copious amounts of coffee and green tea (which are natural diuretics and drain water from the body).
12. Plan and Stick to Meal and Snack Timings: To avoid overeating and unnecessary snacking, stick to meal and snack timings.
13. Too Much Cardio Doesn’t Fetch Results: It’s a good idea to change workout routine frequently as the body gets used to the same workout routine and stop showing results. In fact, cardio on a daily basis does not significant amount of calories.
14. Make changes in your Diet: Are you eating quinoa day in and day out to lose weight? Just like exercise, the body gets used to the same kind of food, and that’s why weekly diets on Rati Beauty diet that change every week are effective in losing weight.
15. Avoid Eating Late at Night and First Thing in the Morning: Eat the last meal at least two hours before bedtime and avoid getting a plate of food as soon as you wake up, especially packaged cereal which come loaded with added sugar.
16. Manage your Emotions: Detach stress and other emotions with food so that you don’t turn to comfort food when under stress or boredom.
17. Do not rely on Supplements: Pills and potions that claim to melt fat do not work, period!
18. Don’t Compromise on Exercise: Regular exercise doesn’t just torch calories and burn fat, it also helps to de-stress, increase stamina, and improves blood circulation too.
19. Remain Active Through the Day: Don’t be a couch potato for the rest of the day after exercising for one hour in the morning. Practice NEAT activities through the day to burn calories all through the day.
20. Cook your own Meals: Cook your own meals to eat healthy and to get nutritious food.
21. No Place for Refined Carbs: Refined carbs like white rice, maida, sandwiches, spaghetti are unhealthy and they also keep you craving for more food all through the day.
22. Practice Water Preloading: Water preloading is a healthy and almost effortless way to boost weight loss. In this strategy, experts recommend to consume 500 ml of plain water half an hour before each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Such a quantity of water before the meal will significantly stretch your tummy and as a result, there would be lesser release of the hunger hormone “ghrelin.” This means you would feel full with less food and fewer calorie intake. It is an effective strategy to tackle overeating and can apply the same technique while heading out for brunch, lunch or dinner. Load up on water and reduce the chances of overeating.
23. Eat your Dessert Slowly: Here’s a little trick celebs practice when they are eating desserts. They tend to show restraint around desserts and usually savour every bite they take instead of gulping down spoonfuls of ice cream or cakes. Most often, by the third bite, they are usually satisfied and want to eat no more, pushing the dessert plate away, and not overindulging in sugary delights. Also, look for options like vanilla honeyed oranges and pomegranates, and dark chocolate dessert varieties on the menu.