It’s a fact that you can lose weight by making simple changes in your diet and lifestyle. Apart from being on a good weight loss diet such as the Rati Beauty diet, you can do little things that keep your metabolism high – such as drinking lots of water, cutting out refined sugar, and exercising a bit to burn extra calories. We often get queries on what kind of food is safe enough at night so as to not sabotage weight loss efforts. It’s essential to give due importance to food that one consumes at dinner because as we all know, metabolism slumps close to bedtime, and to keep the fat-burning process on track, here’s a list of things that you can have at night to boost weight loss.
1. Cucumber: Cucumbers can help you lose weight because they are very low in calories, in fact they do not have more than 20 calories. Cucumbers are fat free so you can eat them without worrying about extra calories piling up at night. Additionally, make this overnight weight loss drink to drop pounds quickly – Take one cucumber, one lemon, 2 tbsp of aloe vera juice, half an inch of grated ginger, half a glass of water, and one whole bunch of coriander leaves. Grind these all together and consume this juice before going to bed.
2. Carrots: Carrots have less fat content, have high fiber content, rich in vitamins and minerals. Fiber-rich foods take longest to digest and give you a feeling of fullness, and will prevent you from binging any further.
3. Mushrooms: Mushrooms have a lot of good nutrients including riboflavin, copper, selenium, niacin, and also fiber. Mushrooms are very low in calorie and a good choice to include in your dinner.
4. Cauliflower: Cauliflower is extremely low in calories, less than 25. You can grate up cauliflower and use it instead of rice in traditional pulao recipes (11 Healthy Alternatives for White Rice for Weight Loss).
5. Chilli: Eating a few chillis at night will boost your metabolism with its thermogenic properties. Read more about “How Can Capsaicin and Cayenne Pepper Help you Lose Weight?”
6. Spinach: A cup of spinach at dinner is the healthiest way to lose weight quickly. Saute a few garlic pods in 1 tbsp of olive oil and add a cup of spinach. Eat this just before hitting bed.
7. Chicken breast/Lean Meat: Meat is a weight-loss friendly food as it is loaded with protein. eInstead of eating large potions of starchy, carbohydrate rich food, you should eat lean meat. This reduces your midnight cravings and ensures your body is prepared to fight fat.
8. Green Tea: A cup of green tea can greatly increase your metabolism and the antioxidants help neutralize the affect of harmful free radicals.
9. Lemon: Lemon speeds up metabolism and lemon in hot water will speed up the digestion process at night and to burn calories.
10. Broccoli: Broccoli is rich in nutrients and vitamins and is extremely low in calories. Saute a few broccoli pieces in olive oil. The phytochemicals in broccoli help to break down fat.ee
11. Egg whites: Eggs are rich in protein, essentials vitamins and minerals. Whole eggs are also an awesome weight loss food.
12. Oats: Don’t restrict oats for breakfast. Oats are rich in fiber, will keep you full through the night, so that you can avoid late-night binging.
13. Fish (Salmon): Fish and seafood provide you protein, iodine and healthy fats. The combination ensures three-fold action on your body. Proteins aid in building processes of the body, iodine enhances thyroid function which actually controls many metabolic processes and Omega-3 fats help reduce inflammation.
14. Almonds: Though almonds are not exactly a low-calorie item, they are rich in nutrients, fat-burning omega-3 fatty acids, and vietamins and will keep metabolism active and will not allow it to go sluggish.
15: Fox nut or makhana: Makhana is a healthy snack. Makhana or puffed up lotus seeds, are low in calories and are a good source of protein. Makhanas are also rich in iron and you can dry roast them without any oil with a sprinkling of pepper powder to help with weight loss.
16: Greek yogurt: Choose low-fat greek yogurt as a night snack to lose weight.
17. Cinnamon: Cinnamon can boost up your metabolism and cut down on fat really well. Add half a tbsp of cinnamon powder to warm water and consume it at night.
18. Whole Grain Toast: Made from whole grain bread, whole grain toast is healthy and will you from piling on calories.
19. Banana: Contrary to what everyone thinks, bananas are perfectly okay during later hours of the day because the tryptophan compound in bananas, can help sleep better and will keep you full for longer. In fact, read about “6 Clever Ways To Eat Bananas in a Weight Loss Diet.”
20. Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar helps to stabilize blood sugar content in body and also triggers weight loss. Find the correct way to drink apple cider vinegar on the Rati Beauty diet. Download the app for more detais.
21. Green leafy vegetables: Love them or hate them but you can’t ignore them. All green leafy vegetables are low in calories, rich in vitamins and minerals with compounds that have a good role in the fat-burning process. Also, they are incredibly filling, so you won’t feel hungry for a long, long time. Read about “14 Best Leafy Green Vegetables to Boost Weight Loss.”
22. Cottage cheese/Paneer: This is a no-brainer. If you are a vegetarian, and cannot consume lean meat or fish, cottage cheese is your best friend. Cottage cheese or paneer, being derived from milk is rich in casein protein, which keeps you full overnight and aids in repairing muscles while you get your sleep. Not only this, it also contains the sleep-inducing tryptophan to help you fall asleep.
23. Cherries: Surprised? If you have a sweet tooth, then here’s the good news. Cherries can be your post-dinner desserts. They are a natural source of melatonin, the hormone that regulates sleep. Whole cherries or cherry juice can improve your sleep, reduce stress and enhance the body’s metabolism. They are also full of antioxidants, which can also help fight inflammation and ultimately fight fat.
24. Peanut Butter and Toast: Your breakfast food is actually good for dinner too. Peanut butter toast is a perfect combination of all-round nutrition. Peanut butter contains tryptophan, an amino acid that helps put you to sleep, and vitamin B-complex in whole grain bread will help you absorb it. Peanut butter is also a great plant-based protein and is useful in building muscle. Not just this, it is loaded with healthy monounsaturated fats to keep you full throughout the night, but make sure you do not go overboard and consume it in moderation.
Now that we know the best fat-burning foods to boost weight loss at night, find the correct way to have them in a weight loss diet on the Rati Beauty app.