It’s not always possible to hit the gym or indulge in high intensity exercise in order to shed extra weight due to various reasons, majorly due to health issues, injuries, or even low energy. Some medical reasons can make engaging even in low-intensity workout such as yoga and brisk walking painful. So, those of you think that exercise is absolutely must to lose weight, we would like to point out that weight loss is all about 80% dieting and 20% exercise, and with dieting alone, one can lose a considerable amount of weight. However, not taking away from the importance of exercise, it keeps the body and mind healthy, improves blood circulation, decreases stress, boosts stamina, and accelerates the pace of weight loss. Though exercise can help burn calories, without dieting, no weight loss can happen. If you have heard “abs are made in the kitchen,” it’s absolutely true, just that they get defined better with workout. So, if seeing the numbers drop on the weighing scale is your primary goal, you can do so just by dieting, and in this post, we have listed down the 30 Best Ways to Lose Weight if Exercise is not possible.
1. Follow Rati Beauty Weight Loss Diet on the Rati Beauty app: Lose weight the healthy way, without compromising on nutrition or indulging in crash dieting, by following diet programs on Rati Beauty app. Download the app on your phone for more details on how to lose oodles of weight successfully.
2. Chew Food Slowly: When you eat quickly, you tend to eat more food and calories compared to people who take their sweet time in chewing down food because they reach satiation point during the eating process. When you are a slow eater, you take a good 20 to 25 minutes to finish your meal, and tend to eat less compared to when you are just swallowing down food or eating too fast.
3. Cook your own Meals: When you can cook your own meals, it is easy to get into a calorie deficit by cutting down extra calories that come along with processed food.
4. Say no to crash dieting: Crash dieting and extreme food deprivation would not burn any significant fat in the long run, most of the weight lost through such a dieting process would be through loss of lean muscle and water weight. Check out various healthy diets to lose weight on Rati Beauty that help you to eat right and in correct quantity to lose weight.
5. Amp up Protein Content: Protein is extremely important for muscle building and to repair and regenerate body cells. When it comes to weight loss, protein keeps you fuller for longer and increases the level of “leptin,” which is the satiety hormone and also needed for the synthesis of important hormones and essential enzymes. Protein also has a thermogenic effect and requires more calories to break it down during digestion. Read about some of the best and amazing sources of lean protein in this post.
6. Increase Fiber Intake: Fiber is an important factor that is so essential to losing weight. A diet that lacks fiber will not help you shed weight. Fiber also helps reduce appetite to a great extent by regulating the production of hunger hormone “ghrelin.” Fiber content also reduces one’s appetite by slowing the movement of food through the gut. Since fiber has low glycemic index, it also does not spike up insulin and thus reduces the chance of extra calories getting stored up as fat in the body. That’s why fiber is extremely essential in weight loss. Here are 12 Handy Tips To Add More Fiber to Diet for Weight Loss.
7. Keep snacks out of reach: A great weight loss tip that no one would tell you – don’t stock trigger foods in the fridge. In fact, practice “out of sight, out of mind” concept for packaged and processed food that you tend to turn for comfort and when you are just plain bored because these foods that are usually high in calories, transfat, sugar, and sodium will not land in your plate that way.
8. Eat Food Rich in Probiotics: Probiotics contain friendly bacteria that reside in the small intestine and colon in the human body. These colonies of friendly bacteria extract nutrients from the digested food and release it into the blood when it reaches the intestine. When the good bacterial flora is disrupted with the invasion of bad bacteria, it creates an imbalance and nutrients and vitamins are not efficiently extracted from the food. This disruption in the digestive system is called as “dysbiosis,” which is an imbalance microbial ecosystem in the intestine. This dysbiosis is linked to weight gain and obesity. When probiotics supply friendly bacteria to the gut maintain, weight loss happens at a good pace. Here’s a list of the Best Probiotics that one can include in their diet.
9. Sleep Really Well: Low sleep whips up appetite, making you ravenous the next morning, and you are most likely to turn to sugary delights to curb the appetite. Also, sleep deprivation directly impacts weight gain by raising stress hormone cortisol and ghrelin (which is the hunger hormone).
10. Maintain Inner Peace: Stress can completely stall weight loss and lead to weight gain. Keep aside a few minutes to meditate and destress so that you can continue to lose weight.
11. Say Completely No to Added Sugar: By cutting down sugar, you would be able to shed weight really well and get your dream body and goal weight fast. Stubborn fat like belly fat will melt away only if added sugar is eliminated from the diet.
12. Check the ingredients List Before Buying Anything: If any food packaging has more than five ingredients, do not pick it up. Also, avoid products with added sugar, salt, emulsifiers, and also transfat. Also, checking the ingredients list is a good way to avoid added sugar that’s presented under different names – fructose, high fructose syrup, sugar syrup, evaporated cane juice, agave nectar, are just a few examples.
13. Portion Control: Portion control is the most important aspect which prevents you from overeating and binge eating. To lose weight, calorie deficit is important, and portion control helps to achieve that. Here are 10 Amazing Tips to Portion Control.
14. Guzzle up Water: When you are dehydrated, your brain starts sending the wrong signals and you might actually take consider those signals as hunger pangs. You might reach for junk food because of easy availability when in reality, you are just thirsty and need water. Drink water throughout the water, more than 8 glasses of water, and see how your positively it impacts weight drop.
15. Eat Healthy Fats in Moderation: Omega-3 fatty acids and healthy fats that are found in coconut oil, ghee, nuts, promotes weight loss by mobilizing fatty acids for the burning process and to be utilized up as energy.
16. Stay Away from Processed Food: Processed food is usually high in calories, in sugar, sodium and transfat content and they are called junk food. Sweets, candies, chocolates, biscuits, cookies, fast food, sweet beverages, colas, are some examples of food items that you should totally cut out from your diet.
17. Eat Food in Small Plates: Make it a rule to at your main meals from plates that are less than 10 inches in size. Much better, eat your food from a heavy bowl that will give the impression that you are eating a lot of food.
18. Eat Mindfully: It’s a fact that even if you are eating the healthiest of foods, if you don’t eat them mindfully, you would not achieve successful weight loss. Here are some amazing hacks to eat your food mindfully.
19. Eat Fruits Raw, Don’t Juice Them: Fruit juices are not equal to whole fruits because they lose their fiber content (so essential for weight loss) and quickly spike up the blood sugar. So, whole fruit is the best way to eat your fruit.
20. Eat from a Red Plate: Various research studies have revealed that eating out of a red plate makes the food placed in it less appetizing, interesting, right? Try it for yourself.
21. Cover Half of Plate with Vegetables: Easiest way to feel full without getting in a lot of calories during meals, cover half of your plate with vegetables.
22. Start Meal with a Salad or Soup: Starting a meal with a bowl of soup or salad can quickly fill you up and reduce subsequent calorie intake during the meal.
23. Replace Refined Grains with Whole Grains: Totally switch to whole grains and cut out refined food source because they spike insulin levels and can make you insulin resistant, and lead to weight gain. Brown rice, oatmeal, buckwheat, millets are some examples of whole grains.
24. Keep an eye on Calories: Count your calories because we often tend to ignore calories taken through fruit juices and other beverages. Count every single calorie to be in calorie deficit and lose weight effectively.
25. Sip on Green Tea: Packed with antioxidants, green tea also boosts metabolism and also increase the levels of hormones that trigger fat cells to break down fat. Studies have shown that people consuming green tea can burn up to 100 more calories in a day than people who do not consume it at all, this is because green tea is rich in antioxidants which speed up up body’s metabolism and thus help in burning more calories.
26. Master Eating Pause: When we pause and stop in between bites, we can chew food properly and practice mindful eating. Put down the spoons and forks in between bites and chew your food properly before taking in another bite.
27. Measure your food on a weighing scale: You would know the reason why Rati and Sanjeevji always suggest measuring food while preparing food. It would be a great idea to invest in a digital weighing scale to measure food when you are starting out on your weight loss journey, you have no idea how much it helps with portion control and to lose weight eventually.
28. Switch to a Healthy Cooking Oil: For someone who’s on a diet to lose weight, olive oil is a staple, and that’s the reason, Rati Beauty Weight Loss diet promotes olive oil in their recipes. Olive oil, in its cold-pressed version, is rich monosaturated fat which is great for heart health. Olive oil is rich antioxidants in olive oil, improves insulin sensitivity, and supplies healthy fats to the body. The same way, coconut oil is also a healthy oil that promotes fat loss.
29. Don’t go for Fat-Free Milk: When you go to buy milk in the market, they are available in various varieties and labeled as “full fat, skimmed, toned, and low fat.” Whole fat milk is much better than skimmed milk or low-fat milk if you are thinking about weight loss. Good fats help the body absorb essential vitamins which are all needed for good health and weight loss in general. Fat is needed to help build cellular membranes and in the production of hormones. If there is an imbalance in hormones, disorders such as PCOD and hypothyroidism will make it much more difficult to lose weight.
30. Meal Prep for the Entire Week: Meal prepping promotes the habit of healthy eating and saves a lot of time during hectic weekdays where there is little time to cook homemade food. Preparing batches of healthy food and storing them up in the fridge, that would last for most days in the week will save a lot of money, and cut down loads of calories that make their way through ordered foods from restaurants and eateries.