We look for anti-ageing serums and creams to battle signs of ageing and prevent the occurrence of wrinkles, whereas we can whip up masks with fresh ingredients that have amazing anti-ageing effects. Since winters are here, these masks would also moisturize and hydrate skin and keep it taut and clear dullness and dryness as well. Here are 5 Homemade Anti-Ageing Masks For Firm and Wrinkle-Free Skin.
1. Yogurt and Almond Face Mask: Take a plastic or ceramic bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of yoghurt and then add 1 teaspoon of almond powder. Add a few green grapes and squeeze in one or two vitamin E capsules. Mix the ingredients well. You can use some force to mash the grapes into a pulp for better mixing. Wash your face with a foaming cleanser and apply this face mask with a clean brush. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water using gentle circular motion. Concentrate on your problem areas like nose and chin. Pat dry and follow up with a toner (rose water works fine!) and a hydrating night cream.
2. Banana and Honey Face Mask: Take half a banana, mash it well and add a teaspoon of honey, mix and apply with a flat face pack brush. Keep on for 15 minutes and rinse away with lukewarm water.
3. Carrot and Honey Anti-Ageing Face Mask: Take one regular medium-sized carrot and soften it in a cooker or microwave. Once the carrot softens, mash it well and add 1 tbsp oatmeal to make a thick paste. Now add 1 tbsp honey. Mix all the ingredients well and Take the boiled carrots and mash them into a creamy paste. I prefer mashing manually by spoon as food processor thins it down into puree form which is almost runny. Finally, add 1 tsp oatmeal to make a thick paste and also to hydrate skin as retinol tends to exfoliate and may be drying on skin. Finally, add honey to nourish your skin with anti-bacterial properties of honey. Just leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water, followed by moisturizer as it causes a little tingling and drying afterwards!
4. Banana and Milk Face Mask: All you need are a few pieces of banana and a few teaspoon of cold milk. Mix both the ingredients well and apply on face and neck area. Rinse off with cold water. You’d have soft and toned skin with regular use. Do not forget to follow up with a moisturizer.
5. Anti-Ageing Avocado and Kiwi Face Mask: Take 1 avocado and 1 kiwi fruit and de-skin them to get the pulp out. Just squeeze out the pulp from both the fruits and keep them in a clean bowl. Finally, mash them until you get a creamy paste, and add 1 tbsp honey to it. Apply this paste for half an hour and then rinse with lukewarm water followed by applying your moisturizer. It is a good mask for winters as well! Regular use of this face mask will not only add glow to your face, but also vanish away stress and ageing signs. Grab kiwis and try this multipurpose face mask this winter while enjoying pakoras with chutney.
All these face masks nourish, hydrate, and moisturize skin. Try them and flaunt soft and supple skin in return.