When there’s buildup of sebum, debris, and dead skin cells, the skin tends to feel rough with bumpy texture – that’s when you can have “congested skin.” Bumps, whiteheads, blackheads, zits, uneven texture can give skin a dull appearance due to the congestion. This kind of skin feels bumpy and rough to touch and has textural irregularities, and that’s why here are some ways to clear congested skin and get smooth texture.
What Causes Congested Skin?
1. Hormonal fluctuations.
2. Use of wrong skincare products.
3. Absence of good skincare routine.
4. Lack of regular exfoliation.
5. Unhealthy diet.
5 Ways to Clear Congested Skin and Get Smooth Skin:
1. Regular Cleanup: A simple clean-up session can clear dead skin cells and debris and open up clogged pores. In fact, clean up will also firm up and clear superficial textural irregularities. Here’s a detailed method to do simple cleanup at home, all by yourself.
2. Clay-Based Skin Packs: Clay masks not only detoxify the skin, these natural masks clear up clogged pores, absorb extra oil and sebum, and open up congested skin. Here are “12 Simple and Quick Homemade Clay Mask Recipes” that you can whip up yourself at home.
3. Start on a Healthy Diet: Poor dietary habits can create havoc on the skin, and congested skin is a common outcome. A healthy diet such as on Rati Beauty app not only help you to shed extra weight, it would also help you get smooth and soft skin because you are eating the right kind of food.
4. Glycolic Acid Based Products: Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that is naturally found in pineapple, sugarcane, and certain fruits. Glycolic acid has a small molecular size and can thus penetrate skin effectively, loosening up the glue that holds together dead skin cells, boosting collagen production, and clearing pigmentation. Glycolic acid is very effective at clearing the topmost layer of skin and improves the texture and clarity of the skin. Here’s a list of 8 glycolic-acid based products that are easily available in India.
5. Salicylic acid Based Products: Salicylic acid is a keratolytic or peeling agent. It is one of the most effective skin care ingredients that can effectively shed the outer layer of skin and that’s why used in the treatment of acne, dandruff, seborrhea, or psoriasis, and to remove corns, calluses, and warts. But to clear congestion, over-the-counter products have salicylic acid in 1% and 2% concentrations. Read about the benefits of using salicylic acid on the skin in this post.