Split ends is a common hair problem and we all agree that hair tends to spilt when the hair shaft loses its natural moisture. To avoid split ends, avoid harsh shampoos and hair cleansers and reduce the use of hairstyling tools. Though there is no cure for split ends apart from getting your hair trimmed at regular intervals, there are of course many ways to prevent them. As hair grows from the roots, we constantly give attention to the roots and the hair ends are left ignored, in fact, hair ends require a lot of attention to prevent split ends. Read about 7 Home Remedies For Split Ends below.
1. Mix a small amount of castor oil/ olive oil /almond oil with coconut oil. You can add 2tbsps of castor oil into 250 ml of coconut oil. If you wish to add all three oils, you could do that as well. Mix equal proportions of these oils (1 teaspoon each) to the regular oil you use. Make sure you oil your hair-ends well. Generally hair ends that have split appear lightly colored than the rest of the hair. This mixture not only helps your hair grow but it prevents your hair ends from going rough. Use this mixture to oil your hair at least twice a week. Massage your hair and scalp with warm oil and wrap head with shower cap and leave for overnight or for 8-10 hours if you have time. Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
2. Take ½ cup oil in ½ cup boiling water in a bottle and close it tightly. Shake vigorously. Massage this mixture thoroughly into your hair from root to tip and cover with shower cap. Leave for ½ hour, then wash. Just be careful with your hands and head as the water is hot.
3. Make a hair pack by beating 1 egg yolk in a mixture of 2 Tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp honey. Massage on hair in thoroughly and then wrap head with shower cap for half an hour. Rinse off with normal tap water.
4. A papaya pack is a great natural care of hair split ends. Take 2 big slices (2 small/medium slices) of ripe papaya. Remove the skin and the seeds of the ripe papaya and blend it in a blender. Add to it half a cup of yogurt and apply thoroughly to your scalp and hair. Wash after 30 minutes with warm water. If you don’t have papaya, you can used a ripe banana instead.1 ripe banana would do.
5. Grind 1 tbsp of methi (fenugreek) seeds with half a cup of urad dal to a coarse powder. Add half a cup of yogurt and mix well. Apply generously all over the scalp. Apply thoroughly to your scalp and hair. Wash after 2-3 hours with warm water.
6. Take 4 cups warm water and add 1 tbsp of honey into it and mix well. After you are done with shampoo and conditioning and rinsing, apply this mixture all through your hair. Do not rinse again. This mixture not only makes your hair soft and gives a shine to them; it also retains the moisture content in your hair so that your hair does not look dry or frizzy. This is a home-made leave in serum/conditioner for your hair.
7. You get many leave in creams/conditioners/serums in market these days like L’oreal Professional, Garnier, Pantene, etc. Additionally, always use lukewarm water to wash your hair. Do not use hot water. Hot water depletes the moisture content of the hair.
Also, it is always better to keep the split ends trimmed; otherwise, they may split further up the hair.
Hope you try these wonderful home remedies to flaunt gorgeous hair.