So, you had a rough night and woke up in a really bad mood?! Guess what, your skin would reveal to the world that you had a bad night by looking dull, tired, and puffy and that’s why you need to fix the skin to look refreshed and feel good. In fact, there are simple ways that you can follow at home using inexpensive stuff to revive dull skin and freshen up a tired face in the morning. Read about them in this post:
1. The easiest and quickest way to instantly awaken your dull skin in the morning is to splash cold water on your face. You can also use an ice cube wrapped in a soft muslin or cotton cloth and gently rub it all over your face. Cold water or ice stimulates blood circulation and freshens up the skin. It also helps in tightening large facial pores and to refine the texture of skin. Korean women follow a kind of ice therapy called as “Jamsu” where they dunk their face in a bowl full of ice cold water to refresh skin and also fix their makeup. All you have to do is to remember to fill ice cube trays the previous night. Here’s how you can do the “Jamsu” method all by yourself at home (5 Steps to Katrina Kaif’s Ice Facial at Home).
2. Store your Moisturizer in the refrigerator the previous night and apply it after the regular cleansing and toning process.
3. Apply chilled aloe vera gel (How To Make Aloe Vera Gel at Home) the first thing in the morning to revive and awaken tired skin.
4. Take 3 tbsp of freshly-squeezed cucumber juice and two 2 tbsp of mint juice, and apply this mixture all over your face with the help of cotton balls. Let it dry for some time and wash it off with cold water.
5. Take 2 spoons of Fuller’s earth or Bentonite clay. Add 2 tablespoons of freshly-squeezed mint juice and a few drops of rosewater to make a paste. Apply it on face and neck for 10 minutes and then gently massage using wet hands. Wash it off with cold water and get an instant cooling glow.
6. Using a coffee-based face mask such as this one (Easy Homemade Coffee and Banana Mask) would not only help to exfoliate the skin, it will also reduce signs of fatigue, and make your skin radiant and energized by improving blood circulation. Alternatively, you can also mix one whole tablespoon of coffee powder in 1 tbsp of honey, and half tbsp of oatmeal powder, along with 2 tbsp of milk. You can replace milk with almond milk or coconut milk. Gently massage this on your face and wash it off with cool water after the mask dries off completely. The antioxidants in cocoa cleanse the skin, leaving it fresh and alive.
7. Store your rose water bottle in the refrigerator and spritz it all over the face when you wake up in the morning. You can also soak cotton pads in chilled rose water and keep it over the eyes to get rid of the puffiness.