There’s a secret ingredient tucked away in your kitchen cabinet which has the ability to tackle a lot of your skincare woes – from clearing tan to tightening pores, it also adds a glow and nourishes skin, and we are talking about red lentils or masoor dal here. It also acts as a natural scrub and deeply cleanses the skin and exfoliates skin deeply. Another great thing about red lentils, the nutrients and antioxidants present in red lentils help in preventing premature ageing. Do you know red lentil face packs can help fade away dark spots and acne scars effectively. So, here are 8 ways to use red lentil face packs for beautiful and youthful skin.
To make all these masks, use powdered red lentils or soak a few spoonfuls of red lentils in water for a few hours and make a fine paste out of it.
1. Red Lentils, Egg White and Milk Face Pack for Skin Tightening: Mix masoor dal powder with milk and egg white. Make a paste and apply it on your face and let it dry. After about 10 minutes, you can wash off your face with cold water and follow up with a moisturiser. This pack helps in tightening your skin and provides a natural glow to your face.
2. Masoor Dal and Almond Oil Anti-Acne Face Pack: Mix one tablespoon of masoor dal powder with 1 teaspoon of almond oil, glycerine and rose water to make a fine paste. Apply this mixture generously as a face pack, leave it for drying and wash it off gently with cold water. Use this face pack once a week to treat acne. Do not scrub it harshly as it can irritate the skin and aggravate the acne.
3. Masoor Dal and Dry Fruits Anti-ageing Face Pack: This wonderful ingredient can be used to make an anti-ageing face pack. To prepare this pack, you need to mix the masoor dal powder with powdered dry fruits like walnut powder or besan. Make a fine paste of these powders and mix it with some raw milk. It works perfectly as a tan removing agent also. Once your pack is ready, apply it all over your face and leave it on your face until dry. Wash off your face with cold water.
4. Masoor Dal and Cold Milk To Clear Uneven Skin Tone: To even out your skin tone, use powdered masoor dal mixed with raw, cold milk. Make a fine paste and scrub your face with this mixture in gentle circular motion every morning. Rinse off with cold water. Doing this daily will not only even out your skin tone but will get rid of dead skin cells and give you a glowing complexion.
6. Red Lentil Paste and Coconut Milk Moisturizing Face Pack: First, soak some red lentils in water for a few hours. Then remove excess water and make a paste. Since this is a scrub, keep consistency a little thick. Now, take 1 tablespoon of red lentils paste in a bowl and add 1 spoon of coconut milk to it. Mix both the ingredients well to make a nice paste and add ½ spoon of glycerin to the mixture. Mix all the ingredients smoothly. Your hydrating scrub is ready and you can use it now. Apply it directly on your face and gently massage it for a few minutes. Keep it on the face for few minutes before rinsing it off. This is a hydrating facial scrub which helps to make skin clear and fresh without drying it out. It exfoliates the skin well and also retains moisture. It works well to provide a clear and fresh skin. The other ingredients provide deep nourishment to the skin and add softness that lasts long. The scrub keeps the skin smooth and soft without making it greasy.
7. Oatmeal, Red Lentil Powder, Rice Powder, Almond Powder, Turmeric Ubtan for Baby Soft Skin: This is a highly effective ubtan that will remove skin tan and get baby soft skin. Oatmeal is the chief ingredient of this recipe. It is not only good for the skin but also for the body. Red Lentil powder helps in cleaning the skin thoroughly. Almond powder is a great skin exfoliator. To make this mask, take 1 tablespoon each of crushed oatmeal, red lentil powder, almond powder, rice powder, turmeric in a bowl. Add a few drops of rose water to it and mix the ingredients well with water to form a thick paste. Apply it over the skin. This ubtan should be used until Diwali to get fruitful results.
8. Masoor Dal, Coffee, Yogurt Face Pack for Bright Skin: Take plain yogurt and red Lentil paste in 2:1 ratio and mix them smoothly. Next, add 1 tbsp of raw honey and 1 small spoon of coffee, and mix everything well. Your super easy face scrub is ready to use now. Apply this scrub on all over your face and neck. Massage it gently for 5 to 10 minutes and leave it as a mask for 5 minutes, then rinse it off normally.