There might be several reasons why you want to lose weight – from getting lean to look a certain way, to fit into smaller sized clothes or to improve overall health – losing weight is an absolutely great idea. For some people shedding weight may seem like a cakewalk, but for some others, it’s a never-ending struggle with several roadblocks stalling their progress. Let’s face it, there are certain factors and mechanisms that we have absolutely no control over when it comes to fat burning – hormonal disorders, the way fat burning enzymes and hormones work, and the places from which fat should melt first! It’s also frustrating that you have actually no say on which number your metabolism should be set! However, there are certain things over which you have direct control and the good news is that they have a great influence over the whole fat burning and weight loss. So, it would be extremely wise to shift your focus to what you can actually control to see positive outcomes and good weight loss results. In this post, we would be listing out 8 things you can control for weight loss. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
1. You Can Definitely Control your Diet to Lose Weight: A good weight loss diet would help create a calorie deficit without compromising on nutrition and without keeping you hungry all day long. Many people have this misconception that dieting is all about starving and consuming only salads – it’s not true! In fact, the weight loss diets on Rati Beauty help you to lose weight as well as reduce inches off the waist without food deprivation. Download the Rati Beauty app on your phone for more details.
2. Exercise Routine: When it comes to exercise, “The best time to start was yesterday, but the second best time is now!” Even adding 10 minutes of exercise to your daily routine can make a huge difference. As we have always maintained, weight loss is all about 80% diet and 20% exercise, and if you are skimping on exercise while trying to lose weight, you may drop pounds and kilograms, but would not get a toned physique or shape when you reach your goal weight. To set things in motion and get rolling, start with just 10 minutes. In fact, take baby steps literally if you haven’t exercised before – beginning with intense physical exercise for one hour may exhaust and burn you out, and doing it everyday will seem like a daunting task. Check out Rati Beauty app for effective exercises that you can do at home, of all intensities, and across all forms, to boost weight loss. Rather than seeing exercise as a task, you would start enjoying the whole process.
2. Maintain Good Sleep Hygiene: We have always maintained that sleep deprivation is tied strongly to weight gain. When you compromise on the quality and numbers of hours of sleep, the hormones that contribute to weight gain increases, along with cravings for unhealthy food, and slowing down of metabolism. Improve your sleep hygiene by sleeping in a relaxed and calm environment, switching off gadgets before hitting the bed, avoiding caffeine at bedtime, and sleeping at fixed timings, and above all, getting uninterrupted sleep for no less than 7 hours.
3. The Amount of Water you Consume: Drinking lots of water is of supreme importance to keep yourself healthy, prevent dehydration, and extremely imperative to lose weight, along with running your physiological system smoothly. If a person is consuming less than 8 glasses of water per day, he/she may always feel hungry because our body cannot clearly distinguish between hunger and thirst signals, and most often instead of sipping a glass of water, we may turn towards unhealthy snacks. Water also helps to curb appetite and is a zero-calorie drink that boosts metabolism, along with flushing out toxins, helps in absorbing nutrients. But most of you out there are confused whether to consume warm or chilled water for weight loss – in this post, we tell you which one is Better for Weight Loss.
4. Forming Good Morning Habits to Accelerate Weight Loss: Kickstarting your day with the right kind of habits can help accelerate the process of weight loss. In this post, we will share 10 things that you must start doing in the morning for an effective and quick weight loss ( “10 Morning Habits for Effective Weight Loss.”)
5. The Decision to Stay Away from Processed Food: Processed food is high in empty calories, sugar, sodium, and other artificial ingredients, making losing weight extremely difficult. Sweets, candies, chocolates, biscuits, cookies, fast food, sweet beverages, processed meat, colas, etc. offer little to zero nutritional value and it would a great idea to make a conscious decision to stay away from processed food.
6. Making Lifestyle Changes: Making lifestyle changes is imperative to accelerate the pace at which you shed weight. When you make these lifestyle habits, you would not only look better, you would feel better, and there would be lesser chances of failure. If you are confused about what lifestyle changes you should be making, do read this post about 17 Small Lifestyle Habits That Will Help you with Weight Loss.
7. The Decision to Get More Active and Be on your Feet: Being on your feet throughout the day helps in burning calories and keeps metabolism robust. One hour of gymming is never enough to lose weight, keep moving throughout the day and practice NEAT activities. NEAT stands for non-exercise activity thermogenesis and is the energy we use for everything we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT. All these activities help to burn some amount of calories and these bits of calories spent here and there, add up to a considerable amount when you are trying to lose weight. Read more about how you can include NEAT activities in your daily life here. May we suggest that you can also include more household chores and taking stairs instead of the elevator the next time around to burn more calories.
8. Controlling Stress: Losing weight can be a stressful process and if you are chronically under stress (personal, professional, psychosocial, physical, etc.), it can prove to be an uphill battle. Studies have found a direct link between stress and weight gain, hence stress can become a bane in multiple ways – it can not only prevent weight loss, it can add extra pounds too. Apart from lowering metabolism, the stress hormone “cortisol” increases appetite, cravings, and also directs the body to store fat around the belly region. That’s why it becomes important to beat stress to successfully lose weight and so in this post, we list out ways to keep stress under check to prevent putting on weight.
Hope you would take charge and start making changes in the right direction to see better results.