Do you know who shows up unexpectedly when least expected – the ugly pimple right there on the nose or forehead! There might be important occasion or event, or a date with your crush, and that pimple is growing by the minute! It’s very difficult to get rid of pimples overnight, but then some remedies do work, don’t try aggressive remedies (toothpaste spot treatment or rubbing lemon juice for example), which will only worsen the situation, and make them more inflamed and prominent. We would not go into detail how pimples are formed by overactive sebaceous glands and clogged pores for now, and straightaway tell you about 8 Ways To Shrink Pimples Overnight.
1. Apply Eye Drops: Many models swear by the effectiveness of this tip. Most eye drops work have soothing and anti-inflammatory agents that calm down redness and inflammation of eyes. You can try using the same for spot treatment of pimples. Even if the eye drops don’t work like a magic wand on the pimples, they can reduce inflammation to a large extent. You can apply any over-the-counter and spot treat the pimple.
2. Use Ice Therapy: No, this is not a fancy and expensive treatment in a salon. Pimples are usually inflamed tissue and applying an ice cube with a soft cloth wrapped over it can reduce inflammation and shrink the pimples in size. Bonus – applying ice would also shrink pores.
3. Strawberry Treatment: Strawberries are naturally rich in salicylic acid which is a keratolytic ingredient. It works by increasing the amount of moisture in the skin and dissolving the substance that causes the skin cells to stick together. This makes it easier to shed the skin cells. Cut a ripe strawberry into half and rub it on the affected area. The salicylic acid in the strawberry will help the pimple to dry up faster.
4. Aspirin Topical Treatment: Aspirin has salicylic acid which is super effective in fighting acne. You can make a pack by crushing two aspirin tablets and mixing it with water, applying it onto affected area. Wash off after it dries up and you would note that the pimple size has reduced considerably.
5. Tea Tree Oil Treatment: Tea tree oil is a superstar ingredient in clearing up pimples because it has anti-bacterial properties. A lot of brands have come up with tea tree oils that can be purchased from stores and you can use this oil overnight on the affected area and it will reduce or clear up the pimple completely.
5. Cinnamon and Honey Spot Treatment: Cinnamon and honey both have anti-bacterial properties. Cinnamon helps in drying out acne, it brings blood and oxygen to the surface of the skin and aids in blood circulation. To make this pack, grind 3 to 4 sticks of cinnamon and mix in 2 tbsp of honey into it. Apply this mixture to the affected area and keep for 30 minutes before rinsing off. You would see decrease in the size of pimples the next day.
6. Honey and Aloe Vera: Honey has anti-microbial properties and aloe vera soothes the skin. Mix together equal quantities of both, and apply all over face and rinse after 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Banana Peel and Lemon Pack: Never use lemon directly on the skin or acne. Banana peel has anti-inflammatory properties and when lemon is added to mashed banana peel, this pack soothes inflammation and reduces pimple size.
8. Neem Oil Treatment: Neem oil has potent anti-microbial properties and when neem oil is applied to spot treat pimples, it does work. Read about “8 Ways to use Tea Tree Oil for Acne and Acne Scars.”
Well, these are some really easy ways to get rid of nasty pimples overnight, and if you have any tips, do share them in the comments below.