Cellulite shows up when excess fat pushes through your connective tissue (comprising of collagen), making the skin appear bumpy, crinkled and furrowed. But besides cosmetic concerns, cellulite is not an indicator of any health concern because even healthy and skinny people seem to have lumpy skin and cellulite issue. Women get worried about cellulite because it may seem unsightly, but it’s just normal fat below your skin pushing against the skin tissue. Also, cellulite can show on anyone, age and size do not matter. Thighs, butt, arms, and stomach area are the most commonly affected areas. As mentioned previously, one can be skinny but still have cellulite on any part of your body. If cellulite is your concern, in this post, we list down ways to get rid of stubborn cellulite, and all of these are easy to follow.
What Causes Cellulite?
There are certain lifestyle factors which contribute to deposition of fat cells, like sedentary lifestyle and following an unhealthy diet. Hormones and genetics also play key role in formation of cellulite.
9 Ways to Get Rid of Cellulite:
1. Dry Brushing: Use a large, soft bristles brush for dry skin brushing. Make dry body brushing a part of your morning routine because it is the simplest and the best method for removing cellulite. Dry skin brushing is not only used for tightening and toning of skin, but also for cellulite. It helps by improving the blood circulation. Simply brush your thighs and other problem areas and remove all the toxins while firming that skin up.
2. Oiling improves blood circulation and also relaxes the body: It is a great technique when you want to remove cellulite. Add one drop of juniper oil to some olive oil and massage this mixture on the affected area like thighs in a circular motion. The best time is morning for this method, and before workout. Another recipe – you can use coconut oil to massage. Anti-inflammatory coconut oil hydrates and aids detox.
3. Drink Lemon Water: Enjoy some lemon juice with cayenne pepper in it. Lemon juice keeps you hydrated the entire day. Lemons reduce retention of water in your body too, preventing the chances of cellulite. This drink is good for detox, to boost metabolism and to speed up blood circulation. Mix a little amount of both in a glass of water and drink it 3 times a day.
5. Exercise Regularly: Cellulite forms when extra fat gets formed on your thighs, underarms and others parts of body, and is also associated with loss of skin’s elasticity and bad blood circulation. Doing some exercises for cutting this cellulite is an excellent approach for a toned and healthy body. Squats, mountain climbers, side leg raises with a resistance band are some of the best exercises for cellulite. Physical activity in general will help increase blood flow and increase stimulation of tissue, the type of things which play a role in cellulite. These 14 Best Exercises Help to Reduce Cellulite on Thighs.
6. Apply Coffee Scrub: Caffeine stimulates skin while scrubbing increases circulation, plumping up the skin. Scrubbing coffee grounds on the affected part of your body like legs reduces the appearance of cellulite because coffee grounds contain antioxidants. They can further increase collagen production too. It is a beautiful formula and cheap formula to remove cellulite.
7. Use a Retinol-Based Cream: Since decline of collagen is one of the main reasons for cellulite to show, retinol which stimulates collagen production and increased cell turnover along with repairing skin tissues would help to a considerable degree in reducing the appearance of cellulite. Studies have revealed that creams and ointments with 0.3% retinol can show a positive effect on cellulite.
8. Follow a Healthy Diet such as on Rati Beauty app: Weekly diets on Rati Beauty app not only help you to lose weight, they do help alleviate a lot of skin issues. Download Rati Beauty app on your phone for more details.
9. Thermo Active Oil with Hot Pepper Extract: Massaging an oil with hot pepper extract that also has a warming effect, stimulates blood circulation, and triggers release of extra fat from underneath.