Absolutely not! Hunger signals that the body gives out is a sign that you need to refuel and provide calories through food to replenish energy. If a diet that you follow to drop extra pounds is based on the concept of starvation and food deprivation, it’s not a healthy diet and you should steer away from it. On the contrary, one can lose weight successfully by feeding and nourishing the body with the right kind of food, taken in optimum quantity. Feeling light headed, experiencing frequent passing out episodes, feeling famished throughout the day should not happen in an ideal weight loss plan. In fact, you would not be able to lose any significant weight by severe calorie restriction. For those who follow the principle of staying hunger through most part of the day in order to lose weight have absolutely started their journey on the wrong foot. Please do understand that for the body to function smoothly and to burn calories, it needs enough calories, without which it will go into a fat-conservation mode, refusing to let go of its fat storage. If someone is on a diet, they need not be on cucumbers and tomatoes for the rest of their lives. To skimp down calories beyond 1200 is a self-defeating approach to trim down. No, it’s not normal to feel hungry for the majority of day. Ideally, a balanced meal should leave you satiated and with enough energy to not feel hungry for three to five hours. In this post, we would further elaborate on why you shouldn’t starve and be hungry all day to lose weight.
Why you Shouldn’t Starve yourself to Lose Weight?
1. It would make you Gain Weight: The human body is wired in a complex way and when you try to deprive it of necessary nutrition and calories, it would slow down metabolism in order to conserve energy, and after a while, instead of burning calories, in the absence of optimum calories, the body would do everything it can to conserve energy, and pile on fat whenever there are enough calories in the system.
2. Your Body Needs Nutrition to Function: From vitamins, minerals, trace minerals, fiber, protein – the body needs all these nutrients in optimum quantity to perform every function – from pumping blood to breathing, to burning fat. Without adequate nutrition through food sources, these functions would slow down considerably.
3. You will too Tired and Exhausted for Exercise: If you are not eating enough calories, you may feel too tired to perform basic exercises and in fact, lack the motivation to burn calories due to increased weakness.
4. Increased Cravings for Sugar and Junk Food: With major food deprivation comes severe hunger pangs and increased cravings for sugar in order to gain quick energy.
5. You will most likely overeat and binge eat, mostly on junk and high-calorie food.
6. You will start burning lean muscle which makes you look toned: Nobody would like to lose weight to look weak with loose skin – we want to lose weight to look trim and toned, and that wouldn’t happen by staying hungry all day.
7. Sluggish Metabolism: A sluggish metabolism is the first side effect of staying hungry for all day long because as mentioned above, the body slows down metabolism to conserve energy.
What you should be Doing to Lose Weight the Healthy Way:
1. Follow Rati Beauty Weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app: Lose weight by eating the right kind of food and without starving yourself – find out how by downloading the Rati Beauty app.
2. Do not eat below 1200 calories: Dropping calorie count further below 1200 will impact your metabolism, thyroid function, and wreak havoc on the hormonal function. Make sure there are enough calories in the system to run all its functions smoothly.
3. Follow meal timings and snack timings: Create proper meal timings and snack routine for yourself and your body will get used to this habit and would not feel hungry outside of it.
4. Eat Enough Protein: This nutrient not only helps build muscle, it will keep the hunger hormone “ghrelin” in check, keeps you full for longer, and helps burn fat too.
5. Eat Enough Fiber: It keeps you fuller for longer, prevents hunger pangs, and also keeps the gut bacteria happy so that fat burning runs smoothly.
Do read more ways to lose weight on the Rati Beauty app.