When someone is desperately trying to lose weight, guess what acts as the biggest roadblock – food cravings! Food cravings strike harder when there is extreme food deprivation. Even if there is no significant deprivation, it’s hard to fight the 4 pm craving that everyone experiences. If you cannot take your mind off junk food and frequent cravings for unhealthy food, here’s how you can train your brain to resist junk food. Do try eating these simple things that can strike down cravings really well.
Why do we have Food Cravings?
- Emotional causes like stress, depression, boredom etc.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Blood Sugar Imbalance
- Low Blood Sugar (Blood Glucose).
- Food Deprivation.
Eating These Simple Things Can Strike Down Cravings:
1. Raisins: The next time cravings hit strong, pick two or three raisins and chew on them slowly. They instantly curb sugar cravings, have natural sugars, also contain vitamins and minerals. You can also add a few raisins to sweeten up plain oatmeal; however, do keep in mind that raisins still has sugar content and they would spike insulin, so limit them to just two or three.
2. Pistachios: With healthy fats, protein, potassium, pistachios can easily replace unhealthy snacks in your pantry. Peeling the pistachios would also help you practice mindful eating, just try for yourself.
3. Dark Chocolate: Drop that high-sugary chocolate bar and pick dark chocolate instead because it is rich in antioxidants, low in sugar content, and it also curbs appetite, and would strike down hunger pangs instantly.
4. Peppermint Tea: Pick up a cup of peppermint tea to curb appetite and shoot down any kind of cravings while you are on a healthy diet such as Rati Beauty weight loss diet to lose weight.
5. Peanut Butter: Healthy fats, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber – all these factors help to curb cravings and keep you satiated for long.
6. Almond Butter: Just like peanut butter, almond butter too has healthy fats, high protein, and fiber content boost weight loss efforts and suppress cravings at the same time.
7. Cottage Cheese: High in protein, low in calories, it can be had as snack and meal options to put a stop to cravings.
8. Makhana: Foxnuts, popularly called “makhana” are extremely low in calories and can be had as a perfect snack option on a calorie-deficit diet.
9. Coffee: A cup of coffee boosts metabolism, can curb appetite, and stall cravings for high-calorie stuff, just be sure to not sweeten it up with white sugar or creamer.
10. Fennel: Chewing on one tbsp of fennel seeds has a lot of benefits for the human body – it can curb cravings, provide fiber content, flush out toxins, boost digestion, relieve acidity, and reduce water retention.
Can you think of any other food that helps to curb cravings for unhealthy food? If yes, please do mention in the comments below.