Most people decide to lose weight for various reasons – to fit into an old dress, to look lean, to improve health, and so on. But did you know apart from the numerous benefits associated with weight loss, you can diet your way to fabulous skin and it adds to the whole “feeling amazing” factor, provided you are following the right kind of weight loss diet. After all, you are what you eat! Yes absolutely, not only can food decide whether you gain or lose weight, it can also dictate how your skin would look. People often worry that dieting may ruin their skin and that can happen only if they are trying to go on random fad diets (cabbage soup and ice cream diets for example). When you are trying to lose weight, it’s important to follow a diet program that does not cut off vital nutrients that are required for synthesis of enzymes, to maintain the quality of skin and hair. Also, with lack of nutrients, such as when someone crash diets, the body priortizes other bodily functions over the maintenance of skin and hair, and that may trigger hair fall and sagging skin. However, getting started on a great diet, such as the Rati Beauty diet, would not only help you to shed extra pounds, your skin will glow from within and you would also flaunt lustrous hair because this diet does not compromise on nutrition and is not based on food deprivation. In fact, here’s how to diet your way to fabulous skin.
1. Eating Plenty of Low-Calorie Vegetables and Fruits: On this diet, you would be eating plenty of nutrient-rich veggies and fruits, and pumping the body with vitamins, minerals, and even trace minerals, that help to build collagen and keep the skin supple and healthy.
2. Protein-Rich Meals: We already know protein is essential to lose weight, but a protein-rich diet also helps to maintain skin’s elasticity and suppleness. So, to keep wrinkles and fine lines away, amp up the protein.
3. Antioxidants: The right way to get antioxidants is through your dietary sources and not by popping supplements and drinking flavoured liquids. Through a diet which is rich in antioxidants, the body neutralizes free radicals that otherwise damage cells and cause premature ageing.
4. Healthy Fats: Just like protein, healthy fats are essential to stimulate the fat-burning process, and these healthy fats also keep skin supple, soft, and hydrated.
5. Vitamin C Rich Food: Vitamin C is needed to produce collagen that keeps skin firm and supple, and through the right kind of diet, you get the antioxidant benefits of vitamin C as well.
6. Vitamin E: Just like vitamin C, vitamin E is an antioxidant and it also repairs skin cells and nourishes skin.
7. Collagen-Boosting Foods: Collagen is a protein that prevents skin from sagging and keeps it firm and supple. Foods such as tomatoes, avocados, legumes, berries with their ample collagen-boosting nutrients help the body to synthesize collagen and keep skin supple.
8. Switching from Refined Grains to Whole Grains: Since we have cut out refined grains completely from the daily diet and have been eating whole grains, it not only helps to shed extra pounds with its rich fiber content (also strengthens the gut) – this switch can also help prevent a lot of skin issues such as acne, dry skin, rosace are often linked with poor digestion and when fiber-rich food get into the system instead of refined ones, skin clears up as a result.
9. Your Skin Would Glow and look Younger: Cutting down sugar will have an amazing reaction on your skin because insulin spikes caused by high refined sugar in the body causes inflammation of skin which leads to premature ageing, wrinkles, acne, and uneven skin tone. If you want to look 10 years younger, then the first thing you should do is eliminate sugar from your system. Sugar in the bloodstream leads to a process called “glycation,” in which sugar molecules damage the collagen and elastin (responsible for suppleness and firmness) in our skin. Cutting down glucose will eliminate insulin spikes which will eventually lower down inflammation of the skin and you can get your youthful glow back within two weeks. So, when you cut back on sugar, you not only get to lose weight, you can say bye bye to acne and wrinkles for as long as you want.
So, you can certainly diet your way to fabulous skin, especially on the Rati Beauty diet. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.