A majority of women who want to slim down want to do so because they want to fit into an old pair of jeans, stacked away neatly in the corner of their closet. It’s a weight loss goal that keeps you motivated to work hard on yourself, but that doesn’t mean you should dress in hideous baggy and sloppy clothes and oversized dresses while losing weight because you have nothing else to wear since most of the clothes hang loosely over your shoulders right now. You might be surprised that the same clothes that fit a few weeks ago, now look unflattering, and you do not want to spend money on new clothes because you haven’t yet reached your goal weight. It’s a dilemma every woman on a diet and trying to lose weight goes through. We would advise you not to hide behind sloppy and ill-fitting clothes while losing weight, in fact, dressing up can help you stay on track and keep you motivated to get leaner and fitter. While it may not sound prudent or feasible to buy new clothes every now and then for your constantly changing body (on Rati Beauty weight loss diets, weight drop happens every week). You have to start feeling better about yourself right now, and not wait until you have reached your target weight on the scale. In fact, feeling good while you are losing weight is a major motivator to help you reach your goals because keeping a body positive image will reap rich dividends and having a negative body image can kill your confidence. So, here are some amazing tips on how to dress while losing weight.
1. If you are following a healthy weight loss diet, such as on the Rati Beauty app, losing 1 or 2 kg of weight may seem like a cakewalk, and you may need new clothes every 5 to 10 weeks. Another calculation is that when you lose around 5 kg, you go down one size. So, if you have to buy new clothes, buy clothes that would look good on you right now, not in large or smaller sizes. Because when you are dressing well right now, it acts as an incentive to lose some more weight.
2. Sort your wardrobe and donate what doesn’t fit you anymore.
3. Buy flowy dresses, A line skirts that you can wear now and wouldn’t look ill fitting even when you have lost a lot of weight.
4. Sort your wardrobe every week to arrange what fits well right now and separate the ones that can be altered to smaller sizes in the coming weeks as you make progress and lose inches.
5. Invest in outfits that can be altered later on.
6. Wear denim jacket over t shirt dress.
7. Wear well-structured jackets and pay attention to whether it fits your shoulders. Even with a lot of weight lost, the coat will still fit well in the coming months and would not look unflattering.
8. Look for online discounts, wait for big sales to happen to purchase basic clothing, avoid splurging money on single pieces. Pick comfortable and basic pieces that are reasonably priced. As you lose weight, reward yourself with some new clothes because they are good investments to make when you are getting loads of motivation in return.
9. Look for jeans and outfits with elastane, Spandex, and Lycra that are stretchable and feel comfortable on your body as you lose weight.
Now, here’s a secret tip – buy a gorgeous dress in your dream size and hang it at a place where you can see it everyday, and that will inspire you to stick to your weight loss diet and exercise regularly.
Also, after you have reached your goal weight, don’t try to fit into old jeans, just buy yourself a new pair of jeans that fits well!