A lot of people experience lethargy, drowsiness, and low energy levels while following a weight loss plan and it’s quite normal too! Brain fog, headaches, fatigue are quite common when you start on any kind of weight loss diet, but things should improve within a few days, but if you still feel exhausted and drained out all through the day, instead of seeking refuse in multiple cups of coffee, follow these effective tips to increase energy levels during a weight loss program instead.
1. Get on the Correct Weight Loss Diet: Nutrition plays an important role in keeping your energy at an optimum level. When you compromise on nutrition by following random diets or crash dieting, you are obviously compromising on nutrients. That’s why you should be absolutely following weight loss diets such as on Rati Beauty app, that place great importance to nutrition and does not keep you in a starvation all through the day. When your diet lacks nutrition, the body switches to the “starvation mode” where it lowers metabolism, increases calorie absorption from food, shoots up hunger and cravings – all to make up for lower food intake. When you follow diets on the Rati Beauty weight loss program, you have a robust metabolism and you get to burn fat because it includes food rich in fibre, protein, vitamin, minerals, Omega-3 fatty acids along with antioxidants – and all these nutrients supply ample bouts of energy to the body.
2. Don’t Compromise on Sleep: Even if you are not following a weight loss diet, it’s important to get at least 7 hours of sleep every night because compromising on the quality of sleep can make you lethargic and you are more likely to wake up sluggish and groggy in the morning.
3. Make Exercise a Habit: Exercise, even stretching exercises such as in yoga, help to reduce stress hormones and trigger the release of endorphins in the brain taht improve mood, alleviate pain, and fight off sluggishness. Find out exercise programs that can be done in the comfort of your home on the Rati Beauty app.
4. Avoid Refined Carbs Totally: They absolutely do nothing for your body, except adding loads of empty and causing blood sugar to shoot up rapidly and the subsequent dip in insulin leads to energy crash as well, making you sluggish and fatigued through the rest of the day.
5. Stay Away from Refined Sugar: We have to say ditto things about refined sugar – they too cause blood sugar to shoot up and crash, leading to dip in energy levels, just like refined carbs.
6. Sip up on Loads of Water: Dehydration can totally hamper your weight loss goals, apart from lowering mood and energy levels. Adequate water is required to flush out toxins from the body that make the whole system sluggish. So, never compromise on water, and sip more than 8 glasses of water a day.
7. Drink Coconut Water: The electrolytes in coconut water act as natural energy boosters, and it’s low in calories too. Coconut water is an instant energy booster and fights exhaustion and fatigue really well.
8. Consume These Foods That Release Energy Slowly and Create Long-Lasting Energy: Yogurt, spinach, green leafy vegetables, banana, sweet potato, whole grains, nuts, beans, eggs and of course a bite or two dark chocolate help to release energy slowly and maintain optimum energy levels, and the best thing is that you can find them in the right proportion in our weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app. Do check them out.