Revving up your metabolism is one sure-shot way to lose weight because once the metabolism becomes sluggish, dropping the extra pounds and flab becomes an uphill task. As we all know, metabolism is the engine that torches up calories and helps body use up fat storage. Metabolism is also called the rate at which the body burns calories. If you have been doing everything right, from working out regularly to adhering to a healthy diet, but still do not see any major difference on the weighing scale or any drop in the pounds, it’s time to find out if “all is well” with your metabolism. So, here’s a quick checklist on what might be wrong and how to supercharge metabolism to accelerate weight loss.
1. Get good-quality sleep, rest for 7 to 8 hours without any disturbance: As we have mentioned previously too, sleep deprivation can lower metabolism, create imbalance in hormones, and raise stress levels in the body. By sleeping for at least 7 hours, the body gets a chance to balance out hormones, speed up lipolysis, and also level up the metabolism.
2. Eat These Metabolism-Boosting Foods: Eating the right kind of food can help stimulate and recharge the metabolism. Here’s the list of 25 Vegetarian Metabolism Boosting Foods For Weight Loss that can help a great deal for weight loss.
3. Eat a Good Amount of Probiotics, Keep the Gut Happy: It’s extremely important to have a healthy gut to lead a healthy life because the gut is also called the “second brain” of the body. Also, a strong gut microbiome has a greater affect on weight loss by keeping metabolism high. To keep the gut bacteria happy, eat these food rich in probiotics (10 Best Probiotic Food Items that are Good for the Gut).
4. Exercise on a Regular Basis: Combining cardio with high-intensity exercises can boost up the metabolism a great degree and help you burn more calories, at a faster rate. Here are some HIIT (high intensity interval training) exercises that you can do at home to boost metabolism.
5. Drink Coffee: The caffeine content in coffee increases the metabolic rate considerably, but do limit caffeine intake to just two or three cups, not more than that.
6. Drink loads of Water: Without adequate water in the system, metabolic activities take a blow and lower down the metabolism, and that’s why it’s extremely important to have at least 8 glasses of water per day.
7. Eat Protein-Rich Breakfast: It’s a fact that high-protein diets boost metabolism and accelerates the whole fat-burning process. Start your day with a high-protein breakfast to keep the metabolism high throughout the day.
8. NEAT activities throughout the day: NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis). Abbreviated as NEAT, it is the energy we use for everything we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT. All these activities boost metabolism and help in burning some amount of calories all through the day.
9. Eat Adequate Calories: When you skew up on the calories considerably, the body automatically goes into an energy-reserving mode by lowering the metabolism. To correct this, eat enough calories, do not crash diet, and follow a healthy weight loss diet such as Rati Beauty weight loss that would help to eat the right kind of food and still be in calorie deficit, to drop weight successfully.
10. Include Iodine-Rich Salt: Iodine is an absolutely essential mineral whose deficiency can impair thyroid function and hamper metabolism. Make it a point to switch to iodine-rich salt to bring the metabolism back on track.
Hope this list would help to supercharge your metabolism and reset if it’s sluggish, and hampering the whole weight loss process.