There are two facts with regards to weight gain that each one of us should absolutely know about – our body loves to hoard fat and it’s most favorite area to store that fat is “around the belly!” A lot of people spend sleepless nights fretting about their increasing waist circumference. Losing weight overall is important to lose belly fat because as we have mentioned many times before, spot reduction is a myth, and fat cutter pills do not work! Melting away belly fat is not only good for aesthetic reasons, it would also lower the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and even cancer. So, rather than looking at quick fixes to trim the waistline, here’s how to turn your body into a belly fat burner.
1. Get on the Right Weight Loss Diet: When you eat the right food, the body stops storing “fat” around the belly area and also accesses the extra fat around the abdominal region when it needs fuel and energy. Getting into a calorie deficit without compromising on nutrition is the key to lose overall weight, particularly belly fat, and Rati Beauty diet would help you to lose numbers on the scale as well achieve inch loss as well. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
2. Increase Protein in Daily Diet: It is believed that protein is the single-most vital nutrient if you are trying to losing some serious weight. Health experts, dieticians, etc., recommend keeping your protein level high in order to shed extra pounds because when you consume protein, it increases the levels of the satiety hormones, reduces your appetite, and helps burn more calories. That’s why it’s important to keep protein intake high through diet, and for that, find high-protein diet plans on the Rati Beauty app.
3. Stay Away from Food That Has Transfat: We would tell you why you need to stay away from any packaged food that has “transfat” in its ingredients list – because studies have revealed that transfat can actually move fat from other areas of the body to the belly area! And here’s a complete list of “15 Transfat Food Items you should Avoid To Lose Weight.”
4. Make Omega-3 Fatty Acids a Part of your Daily Diet: Omega-3 fatty acids are a group of polyunsaturated fatty acids necessary for smooth running of body functions and for a robust metabolism (remember “metabolism torches up calories”). For healthy brain, heart, and other vital organs, a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids is necessary through our daily diet. Additionally, omega-3 fatty acids help reduce waist circumference, mobilize stored fat for burning, and improves skin and hair texture and quality. Chia seeds, flaxseeds, kidney beans, fish oil, algae oil, spirulina, egg yolk are all good sources of omega-3 fatty acids, that should find place in your daily diet.
5. Sleep For 7 Hours: When you get good-quality sleep, the body gets to optimize hormones such as insulin, ghrelin, leptin, and reduce stress hormone cortisol. Also, sleeping for more than 7 hours would make your metabolism robust and that means more calories would get torched. This is probably the easiest tip you can follow to burn away belly fat.
6. Increase Daily Fiber Intake: Studies have linked increase in soluble fiber intake to reduction in belly fat. Soluble fiber forms a gel-like texture and clears away toxins through the gut. When soluble fiber reaches the gut, the friendly bacteria break down the fiber to produce short-chain fatty acids that not only reduces inflammation, it also promotes burning of belly fat. Black beans, avocados, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, flaxseeds are all rich in soluble fiber.
7. Revv up the Metabolism: It’s a process through which the body torches up calories to produce energy required for the smooth functioning of the body. People with sluggish metabolism find it extremely difficult to drop extra pounds, so it’s important to find ways to boost metabolism. Now, here’s a list of “21 Tricks to Boost your Metabolism” that anyone could try.
8. Cut out Refined Carbs: When a majority of your meals have refined carbs, they supply loads of calories to the body without any nutritional value. And it’s the body seeking nutrients by making you hungry all over again. All calories are not equal, and our body needs not just calories, it needs various nutrients to run bodily processes and functions, and when nutrients are missing, it sends out hunger signals. Also, refined carbs cause sharp rise in blood sugar and insulin shows up to regulate blood sugar. When insulin removes this blood sugar, the body demands more glucose, and triggers hunger all over again. Eliminate refined carbs completely from your diet to avoid weight gain and to burn extra fat. Instead eating complex carbs, healthy fats, protein and fiber rich food would keep you fuller for longer and would help you lose weight as well.
9. Practice NEAT activities: Being on your feet throughout the day helps in burning calories and keeps metabolism robust. One hour of gymming is never enough to lose weight, keep moving throughout the day and practice NEAT activities. NEAT stands for non-exercise activity thermogenesis and is the energy we use for everything we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT. All these activities help to burn some amount of calories and these bits of calories spent here and there, add up to a considerable amount when you are trying to lose weight.
10. HIIT: High intensity interval training workouts are popular to burn fat when compared to cardio exercises such as walking or running on the treadmill. Interestingly, even after you have finished HIIT routine, your body continues to burn calories because of increased oxygen consumption, keeping up the metabolism high all through the day. HIIT also boosts enzymes that are responsible for fat burning and also decrease levels of fat-producing enzymes. In fact, here’s a list of “7 Minute Fat Burning HIIT Exercises That you can Do at Home.”
11. Eliminate Sugar Completely: Added sugar is probably the number #1 roadblock preventing you from getting fit or losing belly fat for that matter. Sugar spikes insulin levels, which is a hormone that not only regulates blood sugar, it also triggers fat storage, particularly around the belly. Refined sugar is the biggest offender when it comes to adding calories without providing any nutritional benefit.
12. Leg Raises/Planks/Crunches/V Sit Up: These are some of the exercises you should focus on when trying to lose belly fat. Here are “5 Easy Exercises to Lose Belly Fat and Define Your Waist at Home.”
Following the right kind of diet along with a proper ab routine can trim your waistline.