You know what’s the biggest and most effective way to get a complete and amazing makeover – weight loss! When done the right way, losing weight, has multiple benefits, apart from improving your health, it can completely change the way you look – from head to toe! When a person enters into calorie deficit with dieting and exercise, to compensate for the lack of energy, the body burns stored fat. For some people, it might be from certain areas first – from their legs, belly, hands, and for some – their face. However, with consistent diet and exercise, they get to lose all the extra fat, from all over the body. The most apparent effect of weight loss is slimming down of body and losing inches off the waist, but people often wonder if weight loss changes the shape of their face and facial features. Just like extra fat covers your abs and other body parts, it also tends to mask up your facial features and muscles, and with weight loss, that jawline would appear out of nowhere. So, let’s actually find out how weight loss changes your face and how you can undergo a physical transformation.
Spot reduction is a myth and that’s why you cannot slim down the face with exercise alone. When you follow the right kind of diet, such as the Rati Beauty diet (on the Rati Beauty app), you can reduce extra flab from all over the body, including the face. In fact, researchers at the University of Toronto have found out that people need to lose at least 8 to 9 pounds (approximately 4 kg overall) before anyone else or they themselves can see change in their face, and with Rati Beauty diet, you can lose a lot more than that.
5 Different Ways your Weight Loss Changes your Face:
1. Makes face more toned, gives face a slim appearance. You can define and sculpt facial muscles with exercises such as these (7 Facial Yoga Exercises to Tone Your Face).
2. Weight loss improves insulin resistance and with it improves the appearance of acanthosis nigricans which is darkening and discoloration of skin, particularly around the face area. With right dietary and eating practices, insulin sensitivity improves and the skin clears up.
3. Eating healthy, dieting, and exercising not only lowers weight, it also reduces inflammation in the body, and that means bye bye to skin woes like dry skin, acne, and patchy skin.
4. Face looks younger and toned.
5. Weight loss brings back that glow and radiance from within because you are eating healthy, drinking lots of water, having the right amount of nutrients.
Can Weight Loss Affect Face in a Negative Way?
As we have mentioned above, when you follow the right way to lose weight, only then can you see positive results on the face. Though weight gain and fat stretches the skin, the face can return to its normal shape without too much loose or sagging skin. However, when people opt for weight loss pills or crash dieting, the lack of nutrients and side effects from the medication can adversely affect the face, giving it a tired and exhausted look. Also, without proper nutrition by following wrong dieting practices, rapid depletion of collagen from the face can happen and this lack of collagen makes your skin lose elasticity and volume, which can lead to formation of wrinkles and under eye bags. Additionally, nutritional deficiencies linked to crash dieting increase in advanced glycation end products (AGEs), which negatively affects collagen and elastin.
Summing up, a healthy and balanced diet is a must when you are trying to lose weight and want a physical transformation, and sculpt facial features. Rati Beauty diet encourages you to eat the right kind of food to lose weight so that you can drop weight from overall – arms, legs, thighs, belly, and also face – making features, sharper, and also give you that glow on the face that no salon facial was able to provide you till now. The biggest bonus – that double chin that you always dreaded and killed your confidence would vanish and also the confidence that can radiate from the face.