There are some basic rules that must be absolutely followed when trying to lose weight and to get healthy. In fact, shedding extra pounds and burning fat can become an uphill task if the ABCs are overlooked. In this post, we would like to draw your attention towards the ABCs of weight loss to get lean and healthy the right way.
1. Find a Diet Which is Easy to Follow and Can Be Sustained For Life: If you are planning to go on a diet just for a few days in order to lose weight, then it’s not a great idea. Dieting is about eating healthy and the right kind of food, so it should be a sustainable one, one that can be incorporated into the daily routine without you feeling starved and hungry throughout the day – and Rati Beauty diet is just the right kind of diet that helps you to drop extra weight and lose inches from the waist as well without compromising on nutrition or food. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details.
2. Detach Food from Emotions and Stress: Emotional eating is a situation where one eats to feel good and pleasant, to cope up with trauma, to relieve stress, rather than to satisfy hunger. The food that emotional eaters choose are usually high-fat, high sugar, calorie-rich food full of transfat and other toxic ingredients, extremely unhealthy for the human body. It’s essential to detach food with comfort and emotions so that you do not seek unhealthy food when under stress. Read about “How To Conquer Emotional Eating with Effective Tricks.”
3. Control Portions with Each Meal: Portion control is an essential aspect, not only to lose weight but also to maintain optimum health and to prevent diseases such as type 2 diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. Read about “10 Tips to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss.”
4. Do Not Crash Diet: Such kind of diet is based on food deprivation and will most likely lead to nutritional deficiencies, fatigue, hair fall, and other health issues. Also, staying off food for the major part of the day will lead to binge eating later on, and it defeats the whole purpose.
5. Eat Slowly and Chew Mindfully: When you chew slowly, you will feel fuller sooner without taking in too many calories or overeating. It’s a fact that it takes 20 minutes for the brain to send a proper signal to the tummy that it’s full. So, if you are eating in a rush, you will most likely overeat. Eat in peace and take your own time to finish the plate, avoid distractions such as phone and TV while having meals.
6. Be Active Through the Day: Spending just an hour in the gym is not enough to lose weight. Be active and on your feet to keep the metabolism high the fat-burning process scorching.
7. Find Ways to Combat Stress: Losing weight can be a stressful process and if you are chronically under stress (personal, professional, psychosocial, physical, etc.), it can prove to be an uphill battle. Studies have found a direct link between stress and weight gain, hence stress not only prevent weight loss, it can add extra pounds too. You can have literally nothing on your plate but if stress is on your mind, shedding extra fat layers can become quite difficult. Apart from lowering metabolism, the stress hormone “cortisol” increases appetite, cravings, and also directs the body to store fat around the belly region. The ability to burn fat also flattens out with increase in anxiety and stress. Read in detail about “7 Ways To Beat Stress Related Weight Gain.”
8. Sleep for at Least 7 Hours: Just like stress, lack of sleep can lead to weight gain. Sleep deprivation can lower metabolism, increase hunger hormone ghrelin and also cortisol levels, all of which would lead to weight gain instead of weight loss.
9. Fix the Metabolism: A sluggish metabolism can slump the fat-burning process and reduce the body’s ability to burn calories. If you are finding it extremely difficult to lose weight, fix your metabolism by following these tips.
10. Don’t Forget to Hydrate Through the Day: Losing weight becomes a battle without proper hydration. If a person is consuming less than 8 glasses of water per day, he/she may always feel hungry because our body cannot clearly distinguish between hunger and thirst signals, and most often instead of sipping a glass of water, we tend to rip open a bag of potato chips (adding a lot of empty calories). Water also helps to curb appetite and is a zero-calorie drink that boosts metabolism, along with flushing out toxins, helps in absorbing nutrients.
Start following these basic rules and see the extra pounds coming off of you.